Meet the pets!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Meet the pets!

Love your pets

Hello everyone,

I often come across threads here in the Community Center where you have mentioned your pets, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated thread to talk about our pets/animals, along with any photos you might want to share! If you are like me, I regularly come across cute or funny photos of pets so feel free to share those too (just remember to include the credit/source of the photo if you haven't taken it). 🙂

* I'm sorry about the photo above...I couldn't resist! hehe

I would like to introduce my cat, Johnny:

Jonny the cat

This a photo of Johnny enjoying the sun! We got him as a kitten and despite appearances he is a very good tree climber, when he is not lounging around...it's a hard life being a cat! 

What about you?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

126 Replies 126
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This is hilarious @David126, who'd of thought doggles even existed. Perhaps these were invented for dogs flying in the back of small planes! 😉 hehe

He looks quite different now with his summer haircut. What breed is he? 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

https://woof.doggles.com/

Not sure why people use them, he does like sticking his head out of the truck so perhaps they help for that sort of situation. Putting him in the back of the truck after a wash is a good way of drying him, takes for ever otherwise.

Snowed yesterday, due to snow tomorrow so will be a month or so before he gets his cut this year.

David
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This is just amazing! hehe 

I wonder if they good goggles for other animals? 🙂

@David126

--------------------

That's two different dogs !

the winter version looks very impressive, the summer version pretty and cute. 

Too much snow for me too. I don't visit even my family during winter any more. Not even for Christmas. 

I had thought of banning Cute, something for my House Rules. He can put his paws on my shoulder.

He normally is not that interested in other dogs, but this one was an exception:

12592491_10154007342783939_783477765005357698_n.jpg

David
Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

I'm late to the party - but what would the party be without my two cats, Mysti and Sochi. They both adopted us, and it has been a happy union ever since. Mysti first showed up at our back door in Sept. 2009. He was well groomed, never wanted food, never went into the house, just casually hung out in our back yard with us, mostly he came by every other day or so. 3 months later, my husband and I went on a 10 day trip, came back early December. And who was waiting for us in front of the door? Mysti! He definitely looked dismayed, like, "where have you been" ? And there was no doubt in our minds that he was moving in, right then and there - and he did!

15337514_10154766498899183_6438220441555676502_n.jpg

We named him Mysti, short for Mystery, because we couldn't figure out how and why a gentle, well taken care of cat like him ( he was also neutered)  just showed up at our house, wanted to move in, when no cat was missing in the neighbourhood.

Fast forward to Febr. 2014 : At my biz in downtown Taos, there was this little kitty roaming around the block, mal nourished and just pityful, and oh so bitter cold! She would even try to come into my biz, and at times I let her. I debated within myself just taking her and bringing her home, but there was this woman living behind my biz who had claimed her and let it be known that it was HER cat. Not wanting a confrontation, I just let it go....

So then, one evening I end up downtown, meeting a friend for drinks , of which a had a few too many in the course of the evening... I had parked my car close to the biz. Upon opening my car door in the pitch dark alley to drive home after the merry get together, there is this whooosh, and something jumps into my car!  Not sure I got that right, I'm researching the situation - and finally I see little pityful kitty crouched down on the back seat in my car.  I realize that this is meant to be, she decided that anything was better than staying with that woman who so neglected her, it was pitch dark, nobody saw me and obviously kitty had decided that it was time to come home with me - so off we went home together - and that was that!

Named her Sochi because this happened on the opening day of the winter Olympics in Sochi.

11034182_10153204151059183_2125518278248213857_n.jpg

It didn't take her long to feel at home with us, Mysti our sage wise older cat graciously accepted her. The woman downtown next to my biz started inquiring about "her" cat - I just stayed mum, never felt guilty about taking Sochi home that night, chances are she would probably not have survived that long hard winter in Taos, so it was a good thing.

After all these years now, there are distinct differences between Mysti and Sochi. Mysti is a lover cat, purrs and purrs, intutively comes up and jumps on you and gets as close to your face as he can, then starts licking.... takes over half of my space in bed, but how van one ever be mad at him for that??

Sochi is rather skittish, though well adjusted. She is definitely not a lap cat, but she has her moments where obviously she appreciates affection: she rubs up against your leg, loves to be taken up and carried around a bit - but when it's time to go, it's time to go....She roams around, hunts mice, lizzards, and whatever else she can get. She can be gone for a long time, but she always comes home when we  call her from the back door and rattle some food. Once inside the house, she is definitely submissive to big guy Mysti and they tussle playfully at times. 

When all is well, they both peacefully hang out together, surveying the property and taking care of defending it!

10171022_10153055759619183_464279942522076171_n.jpg

Robin129
Level 10
Belle, WV

I could fill several pages with my pets. Here are my babies, my Boxers Jack and Gracie. They are rescue dogs. Our best guest is that Jack is 9 years old and Gracie is 12. 

IMG_6064-2.jpg

---> That's how I look at most guests, like cousins. And you know, some of those cousins are kooks.
Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

That's my self employed co-host, Simba! 

Last week, I had a new guest self check-in, whilst I'm in another country. It started as well as that can go, with a call before breakfast: "I'm in your street, at least I believe so, but I forgot all your instructions." - I talked her to the house on rooming fees, made her find the keypad for the residency door code and talked her through several trials to hit the right digits and letters. A while of heavy breathings followed and then my guest was lost (on a straight line from residency door to atelier door). We tried a few landmarks like red doors and a blue-orange striped table, which is normally standing before the blue chairs, but no. No red door, no white letter box, I was not even sure if she was at the entrance or already before the last door, way after mine. 

Then came a a murmur: "There is a cat..." - "A black cat? Follow the cat!!" She did and cried out: "Ah, I see the letter box! ... Is that your cat?" - "No, that's the neighbour's cat, Simba, but he believes the table getting the most sun is his 😉 "

A few more trials to get the key safe open and the door. "The cat entered, what do I do?" - "Ask him to leave?!"

That worked of course. Poor Simba will have to wait for his recompense for his services till I'm back. 
IMG_9429 2.jpg

Good job, Simba...and you too, @Helga0.

Huaai0
Level 10
British Columbia, Canada

Hello everyone, here is my toy poole, Bowbow. He will be 8 years old this year! He is extremely intelligent and loyal, and he's got human eyes!! Bowbow has been to Beijing, New York, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, Helsinki, and many states in the US!

416397_10151234106848123_272806993_o.jpg

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww Bowbow! I love the photo of him @Huaai0, having his photo taken in front of the Eiffel Tower with his little jacket on! (In your other post) 🙂

@Linda108@Helga0@Robin129@Annette33@David126@Robin4@Pramod1@Jackie79 @Huma0@Alice-and-Jeff0@MicheleandLouw0@Branka-and-Silvia0@David-and-Fiona0@Karen-and-Brian0 

--------------------

Huaai0
Level 10
British Columbia, Canada

Hi @Huaai0,

is this one dog or are there different ones? He or they look cute! He had to get intelligent eyes with all the places he has seen!

Huaai0
Level 10
British Columbia, Canada

@Helga0

The same poodle, but 1) before/after grooming 2) at different ages (the older, the lighter the coat colour becomes).

Marie82
Level 10
New South Wales, Australia

@Huaai0

very cute