Men who splash PEE

Penni-and-Peter0
Level 4
Mill Valley, CA

Men who splash PEE

Some male guest pee with toilet seat up and it gets on the rim and floor. Do you tell your guests in anyway to clean up after themselves?  Do you provide this as a note in your house rules?

21 Replies 21

I have added that all guest sit while using the restroom. And then when we further our conversation I ask them to please read all the rules to make sure they agree. They then respond to an agreement. Outhouse usually stinks because of urine. If men sit to crap then they can sit to pee😂

Oops, if men and women sit to crap they can certainly sit to pee😂
Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Penni-and-Peter0

Ugh.

I have it in my house rules as well as a picture sticker above the toilet.

Since I onlyhost 2 guests of which at least one has to be a female, the men are normally their partners and well-behaved.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Andrea9, please post a picture of the ''no standing'' sign! I am imagining all kinds of things here. 🙂

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Sandra126

Half as wild as you imagine! 

Somehow  I am not able to upload a photo in community,

but found the pictogram online again:

No pissoir

And underneath it I wrote: Sorry if this cramps your style. My house, my rules.

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Sandra126

I can't go into the guest bathroom to check because of my guests, but I think I used one that showed the splashing urine mist.

Similar to this one except with the traffic sign:

urinary mist and other don'ts

I think I'll have to  extract the person squatting on the seat in case I get somebody from a region where that's the customary position.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Excellent, trust the Swedes (I am one)!

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

I think this question is probably posed by Penni, right?  The problem with a message that addresses "if you splash you  must clean" is the ambiance downer effect.  A more generic invitation to maintain the home's beauty and cleanliness in a note next to surface wipes might do the trick.  Then again it might not work because some people are dense...men with pee and women with make-up (how's that for sexist remark!).

We are in the  hospitality business with the general public and judging from your reviews, you have a very lovely public as guests.

@Linda108, they will flush the wipes and block the system!

@Sandra126  +1 ! that was my first thought. we don't provide any  cleaning wipes. we leave spray and a washable microfibre cloth. 

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

If that is your goal, I suggest saying ''no men''. They wee standing up.

Patricia86
Level 4
Chico, CA

Seriously?  Do you have a cleaning fee?  That is what it is for.