Message notifications

Adel0
Level 1
Bethlehem Palestine

Message notifications

I don`t get any phone notifaictions although I have activated my phone number, can someone help me please ?

2 Replies 2
Be0
Level 1
Penang, Malaysia

I had similar problem... it was working fine initially but recently (past few months), there was no SMS notifications for enquiry or bookings. That affects my rating of being responsive. I am still looking for ways to contact Airbnb to fix this for me. Good luck with yours !

Bridget0
Level 10
Redmond, WA

I contacted customer support about this earlier in the weekand they said that it is in the test stages of ending SMS/text notification.

This is a TERRIBLE thing. The app with it's "PUSH" notifications is SO unreliable. Right now I just looked at dashboard to see about a review and see that there was a request 3 hours ago. No PUSH notification from the app, no text, I just happened to see it.

Text/SMS is a very reliable way of getting information while keeping it within the airbnb system. It will be absolutely terrible for them to disable it (which they are doing WITHOUT notifying hosts of the change!!!)

Honestly, I want to bang my head against a wall sometimes when I see their decisions. Truly, does anyone involved live outside of San Francisco with pervasive cheap wifi? Is there anyone who is an actual host? Do they ever use it for lodging (and notice the loss of key word search for things like vegan, treehouse, boat or tiny house?)

I am very frustrated with this being a deliberate action on their part rather than a glitch. Why REDUCE the methods of communication?

Grrr!

Bridget