Message to Guest Inquiry Not Received

Message to Guest Inquiry Not Received

Potential Guests Not Receiving My Messages to their Inquiry.

I have had a couple of instances where you messages to potential guests have not been received.  This has resulted in lost reservations. Has anyone else experienced this issue? What are some ways that I can ensure my messages are delivered?

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Denise1459 How do you know the message hasn't arrived? Some guests send many inquiries and then only continue with one to a booking.

I have followed up with two individuals asking if they received my message I response to their inquiry. They informed me that they did not receive it.

In addition, I have two guests that I have spoken to that confirmed they did not receive my message when they were asking about booking additional days. 

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Denise1459 

Just a thought, it's happened to me once, Airbnb finds a safety and/or security issue with the guest.  They will then block further communications with the guest.  likely, you dodged a bullet. Airbnb, if, you are lucky, will only confirm that there was an issue with the guest account.

Just my experience.

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Denise1459 

Sorry to hear about that - have you contacted Airbnb to see if they can help?

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

something similar happened to me but in this instance, there were not one but two request withdrawn… and not a single notification from Airbnb… meaning loss of revenue for a weekend booking… twice!!