Messaging not working on Airbnb site

John-and-Pamela0
Level 1
Memphis, Tennessee, United States

Messaging not working on Airbnb site

My upcoming guest tried to message me on the airbnb site and at the same time I was messaging him but neither one of us received each other's messages.  Is anyone else having the same problem with the airbnb website.  I ended up having to email him.  I'm wondering how many other messages I'm not receiving and if it's effecting my inquiries and bookings as well.

23 Replies 23
Team-Kazemaru0
Level 2
Hawaii, United States

We're having the same issue after hosting. I wrote to the past guest on the message board, but the sent message doesn't show up on the message platform. 

Keith1
Level 10
SF, CA

I emailed this to someone at AirBnB who can probably get someone in engineering to look into it.

if I hear back, I'll post, but hopefully it'll just be magically fixed soon.

I've had this problem for a week now.  Having to commuicate through Airbnb email.  Also concerned that I may not be getting messages from potential guests.  How can I contact Airbnb about this?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Keith1@Carolyn3@John-and-Pamela0@Team-Kazemaru0,

Thanks for reporting this problem to the team. Are you still experiencing issues with this? 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi Lizzie,

Well, the supposedely "sent" message isn't showing there.  Should I try sending another message?

hi Lizzie, I'm still experiencing the no message problem, I even removed my phone number from the site and then re-entered it to make sure AIRBNB was able to send to my phone. I did receive the 4 digit confirmation code immediately after typing in my phone number but I'm still not getting notices when guests send me messages.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Marc8,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this problem, as you can see above the browser you are working in does appear to have an impact on this and it sounds like a bug. Can I check are you presently in Chrome and has this just stopped working for you? 

Thank you 🙂

(Little tip, if you include @name when posting a message in the Community Center that person will receive a message notification). 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie

hi Lizzie

the problem I'm having is not with my browser it's with my iPhone, when somebody sends me a message on the site I don't receive the messages on my iPhone, well not always, I sometimes do! which is weird>

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Marc8

Thanks for updating me on this, sorry I misunderstood which device you were working on. Can I check how long you have been experiencing this problem? Has anything changed recently? Just to be clear, I believe you are speaking about the SMS text notifications?

If it is an isolated issue it might be worth contacting the Support Team about this and they can look into it a little further. 

- Is anyone else experiencing issues like this with receiving message notifications to you phone? 

--------------------

@Lizzie

oh I thought you were tech support? yes it's with my SMS, and it's been happening on/off for the last two years I think.

Hi,

I apparently have been not receiving inquiries from guests for some time.  I had a guest send me a second time this morning and let me know that I had not responded.  She was eager to book with me, so sent a second note (yay!).  I had not received an email, text message, and there is no sign of the message in my Dashboard.  However, when I look at my "Views" and "Inquiries," folks are clearly looking at my listings and requesting to book.  Unfortunately, I am not receiving any sort of communication from them whatsoever.  I will ask my guest tomorrow how she first contacted me (website, mobile app, chrome, safari, etc.)  

This is kind of frustrating.  I certainly do hope AirBnB can get this resolved-- and quickly!

Tara

Hi Lizzie.  We are experiencing a similar problem.  When we first signed up, we were able to view and send emails just a week ago.  Now, we are unable to view any messages currently received or old messages, and we are unable to send them from our computer.  When we hit the messages in general it sends us to a page with no messages on it no matter how we try to access them, we are directed to the same page.  We use a Macbook.  We have been able to access them through our phones so we can read them and reply, but we would really prefer to use the computer for this.  

I too had this problem what I discovered is that there were too many in the in box.  Once I archived the old I fixed the issue!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Melissa279,

Lovely to meet you, sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties with your Inbox.

I wonder have you tried viewing your messages from a different browser? Perhaps you can try clearing your cache/browser history. As it is working for you on mobile, it doesn't sound like it is something on your account. 

Let me know how you get on. 🙂

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------