Messy guests

Terry61
Level 2
Jacksonville, FL

Messy guests

Hello I'm new to hosting.  I have had three guests so far.  The first two were a dream come true..However the third guest is waking me up to I guess you would call reality.  Messy,messy,messy.   In addition to that she is booked to stay 14 days and 6 days in I am counting the days.  If I read a review before hand this person was this messy I would have declined.   I am reading however a lot of people (if the person is otherwise nice) are not posting about their messiness.  I want to be fair and kind but cleaniness is very important to me.    I'm liking the concept or the Airbnb but am dishearted by the posibility of guests being possibly naturally messy.  Plese shed some light on dealing with this issue. 

15 Replies 15

@Annamaria55  You don't seem to be aware that you can leave a response to review. That is your opportunity to make it clear to future guests what the situation actually was. Don't use the response to attack the guest or talk about their behavior, as you would when reviewing a guest, just use it to clarify any misleading or false information. And only speak to what was actually written in the guest's pubic review, not private feedback they gave or messaged you.