Mexico...Spanish/English...Co-host with my wife, she is fluent in Spanish...

Clary2
Level 2
Phoenix, AZ

Mexico...Spanish/English...Co-host with my wife, she is fluent in Spanish...

Hello from a newbie to AirBnb (I use the "other" website for a different property),

I have listed my condo on the beach in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and since I don't speak or write Spanish very well,  would like to have my wife who is fluent co-host to field inquiries.  I can't seem to find a guide on how that will work.

Since my market is 99% Mexican Nationals, I believe I will need to use Google translate to translate everything that I've written (like welcome email, rules etc) in English to Spanish.....I see on their website when you change the language it only changes the words of AirBnb and not mine, right?

I have gone keyless using touchscreen deadbolts so no need to meet and great, we're at Los Tules resort so there are staff available fluent in Spanish to meet and give them pool towels and answer questions. No property manager...the resort will take care of any maintenance issues and bill me.

I could use some advice on taxes in Mexico....do I have to collect and pay to "someone??"....will I need to file income taxes in Mexico and USA?

Big question:  using the "other" website, I had a listing number that identified my property.....I could easily tell others the listing number so they could find it on ____.com...doesn't seem to be an easy way to share my listing via FB or email with potential guests or forward my listing.....am I missing something?

Thank you in advance for your comments, encouragement and suggestions.

Clary

4 Replies 4
Vadym2
Level 2
Henrico, VA

Clary - I can guide you. Let's touch base over email: [personal information hidden - to use the Direct Messaging feature in the Community Center, hover over the profile photo of the person on their post and click 'Send Message']

I know I have a lot of questions......most pressing right now is re: co-host.

Using my wife since she's fluent in Spanish.....sent her an invite, she accepted and created her profile...

However it shows "pending" and when I click on contact host as if I were a guest, it doesn't show my wife, I was expecting it to show both of us, especially since she is fluent in Spanish.  Will she show as a co-host on listing?  If I get an inquiry will she also get it causing us both to answer?  Wish I could find a guide on how we both host this listing  19749809.

I just got my first inquiry form a person in USA in English of course, and am wondering ....  "Should I translate my inputted information in English, to Spanish?"

Thanks,

Clary

Clary

The direct messaging isn’t working for me but I have the same questions as Clary...

Maria1752
Level 2
Santa Monica, CA

I have the same questions. I have properties one in Mexico and one in the US. I'd like to know how to file taxes, in the US or Mexico, or both?

Thanks!!!