Mid stay cleaning and linen changes - do airbnb take a % of these fees?

Nikki1
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Mid stay cleaning and linen changes - do airbnb take a % of these fees?

We offer a mid-stay cleaning and linen change service for guests staying for longer periods.  My question is - as there is no separate billing facility for added these addtional services fees - do AIRBNB take a % of these charges if added to the overall amount billed to guests?  If so - this would mean that if I charge a guest the exact cleaning fee the housekeeping company charge me - that airbnb would take a percentabe of this - therefore we are ending up out of pocket?  Or is there a better way to make these charges to guests?
Thanks Nikki

5 Replies 5
Brittany1
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Hi @Nikki1

I would recommend using the resolution center.

1. Go to https://www.airbnb.com/resolutions

2. Select the reservation from the drop down menu.

3. Select Request Money For Extra Services

4. Continue

5. You will come to a screen requesting info, cost, etc

6. Submit

Make sure you let the guest know that you've submitted a request. They will have to accept it in order for you to get paid. Hope this helps.

Kate195
Level 3
Victoria, Canada

i have just recently started adding a cleaning fee and am disgusted to find that airbnn even takes the usual 3% for this service?

Cor3
Level 10
Langerak, South Holland, Netherlands

Hi @Kate195,

This is unfortunately the rule of the game 😞

When you don't like this, then you can also follow the steps - as mentioned by @Brittany1.

But please be aware, that as part of these steps, your request can be rejected by the guest.

And you will have to request this over and over again for each booking!

Just add $1 or $2 to the cleaning fee - to cover the 3% loss by Airbnb Service fees.

Even if you add a few dollars to the cleaning fee to recoup the 3% loss of airbnb fee, they will still take 3%of that, its always a win win for them!!

It also chaps my you know what....because I think its totally unfair that they have the audacity to Steal 3% of my cleaning fee money  when I don't See Anyone from Airbnb at my place helping me clean My rental, it's totally bull$hit