Missing 2nd payment of 3 payment stay - no help from AirBnB customer service

Lisa2106
Level 2
Portland, OR

Missing 2nd payment of 3 payment stay - no help from AirBnB customer service

Been a host for several years and have never had an issue with payments. Currently have a guest for a 3 month stay which AirBnb pays out in 3 monthly installments. Received the first payment with no problems, never received the second payment to my bank. AirBnb transaction history claims it was paid which clearly it was not.

Customer service is no help at all. They keep telling me it's my escalated to the 'payments department' who is supposed to call me back. No calls ever received back. Call back to customer service and they have no update and can't transfer me to the payments department.

Very frustrating and initiating a re-think of my relationship with AirBnB. Apparently they can collect 3 months rent from our guest and hold the money with zero accountability.

4 Replies 4
Lori197
Level 2
Baltimore, MD

I have a current two month guest that has been here a week. No payment. I've been told there is a system glitch with monthly payments. I requested a call and was told only email and I had to wait. Took a few attempts to get it at that level. I was initially told it would process in 24 hours (twice)

Interesting. Thanks for the info. No one at Airbnb mentioned a glitch with monthly payments but that is consistent with my issue. I at least received the first of 3 payments in early August. Good luck.

I am now 9 days into a stay with no payment.  My online chat has been closed and no resolution. I've started another, but no response. I may limit a booking so that there is no way to get involved in this monthly scam. 

ONERüF0
Level 7
United States

The customer service at ABnB is getting worse...the guest side seems to be instant while the host side is very poor.  Had taxes taken out of a payout and it took 3 months to get a straight answer with 8 weeks of that just being ZERO communication.  Finally, someone tripped over the conversation and answered but it is abundantly clear that Airbnb does not favor the host relationship.