Missing Australian payouts

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

Missing Australian payouts

To Aussie hosts

Last Friday (5 days ago) I received this email advice from Airbnb......

Payout message 10th Nov.png

This was followed by this email on the same day

Payout message 10th Nov B.png

And since then I have received a further two payout advice emails totalling 7 reservations.

This I am afraid is false information......this is a lie!

I have, in the last quarter of an hour visited my local bank and asked them for a list of any credits that are in the banking system for release to my account.

I didn't ask when they would be released, just if the bank had a record of them in their system.....They do not!

Despite the fact that Airbnb are telling us they have released payouts, they have not..... processing has not taken place to this point.

It's only a small amount and it's not the dollar value that is a concern, it's the fact that what we are being told is not true!

I think we all need to feel really worried here now, not only have we fed incorrect information we are being fed out and out blatant falsehoods.

Like many others I am a bit scared about where this company is going!

Not so cheerie.....Rob!!

25 Replies 25
Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

@Kath9@Robin4 I like your theory Kath but doesn't hold water. I created a new payment method and I have bene paid - twice now. So I can't see why Robin's payments are not coming through.

But I agree that the way in which this has been handled is simplay appalling. Unfortunately I think this is part of the faceless global internet world that we now live in.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for the update @Gillian19. I am pleased to hear you have received your payments now. 

I am very hopeful @Robin4 will receive his payment as stated on or around Nov 16th. 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Lizzie

Look it's not the end of the world, it hasn't hit a grand yet but, my comment is they have been sitting as processing now, some of them for 4 days. They have not been released yet!

Processing.png

and my point about arrival time...this advice is faily typical below.....

Processing 2.png 

Payment released on the 14th, maximum arrival time 21st.....7 days. From the time they release it the payment always shows up in my account max 4 days, so I would expect to see this payment in my account on the 18th, that is what normally happens...never goes the full 7 days till now!

But here we are 4 days in and my payouts are all still held up being processed....this is not right, but I dare not call CX again, they will advise me to put in yet another payout preference in place. 

I know you can't tell me Lizzie but, why did we deserve this, we have done nothing wrong. We have done nothing more than be good Airbnb hosts!

Still not so cheerie......Rob

*[Personal information hidden for safety reasons]

Patricia55
Level 10
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom

@Robin4

Just a wee FYI: I don't think those 'Processing' labels can be relied upon. I've received two payments into my bank a/c in the past few days and, looking at my transaction history just 5 minutes ago, those two payments are still showing as Processing...

John764
Level 3
Claude Road, Australia

Before I make my next post, I’d like to get a good sense of how many Hosts:

- are still not being paid

- are now being paid and how long it is taking

Thanks

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@John764 well I can't tell you mate, and nobody else is going to volunteer it!

Well here we are, another day has gone by and yet more hosts have received some payouts but still mine from as far back as the 3rd of November are still showing as processing!, and remember, I am a Superhost!

What sort of sensible scenario can one put to this. I think the rational one is, I am now a victim of something that Airbnb goes to great lengths to disapprove of.....extortion!

I think what is happening now is a case of...."If you want to get your money keep your mouth shut!"!

The forum is being monitored and my payouts are now on indefinite hold!

That is cool, I am out about $930 at this point....tomorrow it will be just over $1,000. My future payouts from Airbnb amount to $3,432,00. I have already picked up 3 reservations from another site.

Who is going to be the looser if I cut Airbnb off from any future business....me or Airbnb?

It is really painful to watch this, and at the moment I consider Airbnb to be, really,  the lowest of the low. I did nothing to invite this, but I am being treated with complete contempt by the company I have done every thing in my power over the past three years to promote!

Others in the past have said they feel the forum has affected their visibility, and other aspects of what they offer.....Participation here can have an adverse effect on their business. I reluctantly think I have to agree with them....Just keep your mouth shut and don't rock the boat! 

Cheers......Rob

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Robin4,

Similarly, to what @Patricia55 has mentioned. As a fix has been made,  I imagine the system is now in catchup mode with releasing the delayed payments, I would therefore say the information given in the emails you are receiving are what you should go by for those particular payments. The information sent out to you and other hosts via email is coming from our Payments Team, to provide you with more information on what is happening. 

I believe the date you were given was for Nov 16th, so I still have my fingers and toes crossed that you will receive it around this time. 

Nearly there Robin. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

(Oo, P.S - I hope you don't mind, I removed the personal information from your screenshots above)

Thank you,

Lizzie

--------------------

Ryan597
Level 2
Margaret River, Australia

I’m in the same boat, I’ve been waiting on payments from air bnb now for 3 weeks. Changed bank account twice due to their request and spoken to managers “Irene, Hendricks & Alexandra” 

I’ve called them every 2nd day for the past week now and still no payment or answers. I’m going to start turning guests away as I refuse to host and not be paid. 

Its pathetic air bnb. 

We need to be able to speak with people in Australia who actually care for your company. 

Genevieve88
Level 2
Ocean Grove, Australia

Hello airbnb

I have no payments  deposited in my account for Feb 2018 - been hosting a year now so what's going on?

Please advise as it's quite a bit of money; who do I contact for this?

Genevieve 

@Genevieve88 

You can try 02 8520 3333.  Some hosts have also mentioned that Twitter is the fastest and most reliable way to get help.

Lisa