Missing Payouts, Has this happened to anybody else?

Susan723
Level 4
Cocoa, FL

Missing Payouts, Has this happened to anybody else?

Any other hosts experiencing missing payments from Airbnb? It first happened to me earlier this year. It was just one payment that time and only a few hundred dollars. After 3 days and receiving no notice of payout I called and spent hours on the email and phone with airbnb. They finally acknowledged their error and issued the payment. For my hours of trouble they sent me a coffee mug. This time the missing payouts total nearly $2k. I have already spent much time trying to get it corrected. So far I am just getting the "we are checking into it" email message. The original rep I spoke with acknowledged to me that there was a mistake made. So now I just get to sit and wait for them to hopefully correct their error again. I wonder if I will get another coffee mug. Frankly I would rather just timely get my payouts and without having to waste hours of my time to get them. Anyway just wondering if this is happening to other hosts and also a heads up to other hosts to be sure to keep track of your payouts.

365 Replies 365

any  solve this issue. ??

ok i have pay , many thanks airbnb support for this 🙂

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for the update @Emmanouil5, I'm glad you have received your payment. 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Sameerah0
Level 1
Putrajaya, Malaysia

I am currently having this trouble. And the so called 'experts'from airbnb is not much of help at all. 

Alexandra589
Level 2
Brașov, RO

This issue is still alive and well - I haven't received any of my payouts since the end of August (over 25 bookings). 

@Lizzie Airbnb support is really a joke, they have no clue about what they are talking about - they are all sooo concerned about my issue, but no one ever called back in more than two months since I opened my first case! 

At most, they send a message saying "it was resolved, you will receive your payout soon" or "there's no problem on our side". 

They close any case as quickly as possible, probably for their performance report, solving absolutely nothing and no one is giving any information about why this is happening - very frustrating!

Not cool @Airbnb 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Alexandra589,

Sorry you are having such trouble receiving your recent payments.

I imagine you have already checked this, but you mention you've had quite a few bookings,  I wonder whether you might need to complete the verification for a business account (for hosts who have earned over $15K)? More information can be found on that here in this Help Center article. 

As I say I'm sure this isn't the case, but wanted to mention anyway, as it might help. Let me know if you can.

Let me know, I will also flag your message to a colleague of mine in our Support Team. I hope we can get this all sorted soon. 

Speak to you soon. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi @Lizzie ,

That's right, Customer Support told me about the 15k$/year limit during the first conversations, and I've opened a company account even though I host as an individual (at customer support suggestion), waited more than a week and the payouts were still paused. 

After this, another operator advised me to close the company account if I'm hosting as an individual, so I did.

I contacted again support and they told me there was a flag regarding the business account, and after getting in touch with a case manager, she told me she removed this flag and everything should go back to normal in 3-5 days. This happened more than three weeks ago.

Reading the article you sent me, I'm still not sure if there is any other information I could provide in order for this to be solved. My account has my ID verified, and I also have my home address and my photo uploaded.

To be honest, I don't feel that anybody from Customer Support understands the whole situation - for example, today I got an email from my new case manager that implied that Airbnb has no fault in this and it's probably my PayPal account (my PayPal is fine, I have received and sent payments in this period).

I could really use some help from someone who is not an operator at the call center - I've tried to approach this issue with them in all possible ways and still no luck. 

Thanks

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for the extra information, @Alexandra589.  I'll see if there is anything else we can do, and let you know if I find anything else. 

Speak to you soon.

Lizzie

--------------------

Julie534
Level 2
Breckenridge, CO

I believe Air BnB has lost their integrity - you better always double check them.

Ajay37
Level 1
Doha, Qatar

Our payout has been missing since 10 days, and airbnb is only telling they will look into the matter, no response since 2 days.

This is really sad and unexpected of airbnb.

Maya41
Level 2
Grabouw, South Africa

Hi i am also missing a payment for the first time since joining Airbnb. I have checked for 7 days now, no payment done and no money received in my account. I did contact my bank, international desk, acc to them there is no payment pending and i must take it up with airbnb

I did speak to someone from Airbnb last week.... acc to them payment was released.........but to who and where?

What to do next??

i am in South Africa , who can i contact?

Maya41
Level 2
Grabouw, South Africa

Hi Rob

is it possible for anyone to send me an email address........then i can send proof that no payment was done or as the "email"claims....was done twice..............!!! and money will be deducted from further earnings>

so far i have not been helped, since airbnb claims the money was paid. 

and i have read and checked all the above mentioned and i have had my bank done all sorts of enquiries....they cannot help since the problem is on your side. 

Please can Airbnb sort this out asap

thank you

Karen2365
Level 1
Daventry, United Kingdom

What is the best email address to use to get my non payment issue resolved?

Kimi-and-Mark0
Level 2
Queensland, Australia

We haven't been paid since 11th October and are now owed $3,500.  I got one response from the Help Centre asking me for more info and suggesting I contact my bank.

Of course, we all know that this is not my bank's fault.  It is a common problem with Airbnb.

I have provided Airbnb with the information they asked for and ... you guessed it ... nothing!

I called the Contact Centre this morning and spoke to a friendly, but completely unhelpful person who said they would send a message to my Case Manager  on my behalf.  This customer service person had no authority to do anything.  Of course, nothing from the Case Manager.

I have another $4,500 of bookings for the next month and I just cannot afford to have these people stay at my property without me getting paid.  I have to pay housekeepers, linen service and all of my other bills.

I guess the best option is to cancel my Airbnb bookings and hopefully migrate the guests to another platform.

Perhaps I should drop an email to Brian Chesky and see if he will reimburse me ...

John1574
Level 10
Providence, RI

-  

@Kimi-and-Mark0 

try using other methods to contact customer support like Twitter and Facebook: they can also be effective, sometimes more so.

all the contact information is available online.

And contact @Lizzie a moderator of this forum.

Best of luck