Missing Payouts, Has this happened to anybody else?

Susan723
Level 4
Cocoa, FL

Missing Payouts, Has this happened to anybody else?

Any other hosts experiencing missing payments from Airbnb? It first happened to me earlier this year. It was just one payment that time and only a few hundred dollars. After 3 days and receiving no notice of payout I called and spent hours on the email and phone with airbnb. They finally acknowledged their error and issued the payment. For my hours of trouble they sent me a coffee mug. This time the missing payouts total nearly $2k. I have already spent much time trying to get it corrected. So far I am just getting the "we are checking into it" email message. The original rep I spoke with acknowledged to me that there was a mistake made. So now I just get to sit and wait for them to hopefully correct their error again. I wonder if I will get another coffee mug. Frankly I would rather just timely get my payouts and without having to waste hours of my time to get them. Anyway just wondering if this is happening to other hosts and also a heads up to other hosts to be sure to keep track of your payouts.

365 Replies 365

@Sathis7 

See my post to John, above.

-

@Sathis7 

Congratulations!

Perseverance, it seems, is the number one trait shared by the hosts who successfully get paid.

Please, share the details of the perseverance you used to get the problem resolved successfully.

Once again, big congratulations to you.

And thank you for sharing your update. Very important on this thread.

-

Thank you John and much appreciated. I informed Aibnb that I will not accept any future reservations, until I receive the payout in my bank account. In addition, I informed them that I will notify all Airbnb hosts in Sri Lanka, through the Sri Lanka Tourism Website, to be mindful in accepting the reservations. In Sri Lanka, most of the Aibnb hosts are very small players and they can easily end-up loosing the venture due to debts, unless they receive the payouts in time. Finally, I found a very good Customer Support Officer Mervin.      

"I informed them that I will notify all Airbnb hosts in Sri Lanka, through the Sri Lanka Tourism Website, to be mindful in accepting the reservations" 

Now that's  the way to get their attention! (And a good CX agent is always a bonus!) If there's one thing Airbnb doesn't need right now, it's more bad publicity. Well done, @Sathis7 !

-

@Sathis7  @Emerson43 @JuanCarlos213 

Thank you, Sathis. This information is very helpful.

It was good to point out that you found a good customer service rep in Mervin.

One piece of advice I give on this topic is that every customer service rep is different and you keep calling until you find a sympathetic one.

You also gave airbnb several ultimatums: you would not take future bookings and you would go to the media to publicize this problem.

So to attempt to reiterate once again:

1. find a good customer service rep.

2. Tell them they violated the spirit of your agreement by not paying you.

3.  Give them a short time to Pay after which you will cancel your future bookings and not take any further bookings until paid.

4. tell them you'll be informing the media and online resources to publicize the problem by advising other and future hosts to beware.

If anyone has any other ideas, better ideas even, please share them with us on this thread.

This thread should be about solutions and anyone posting here should read the entire thread to get an idea of how this problem has been dealt with on the 18 pages of this thread.

-

-

@Emerson43 

Have you read the 18 pages of information contained in this thread?

I would suggest that as step number one.

-

Iridiya0
Level 1
New York, NY

Having the same issue, missing payout almost 2 months now. Issue being ignored and with dishonest assurance given.

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

Still missing mine fro 12/23. So tired of chasing this down.

I haven't received mine since September 2019

Yan3
Level 10
Hong Kong

I ran into the same headache with a recent reservation. The guest checked in Jan 19 and checked out on Jan 26, 2020. Generally, payouts are supposed to be released the day after check-in. It's been exactly three weeks since, and my payout is still being held hostage.

Despite multiple phone calls and messages to Airbnb, the issue isn't resolved. My patience is wearing thin with their support team, how long will it take to get resolved? They keep saying there's no timeline, what a load of BS!

Just responding to my own message. The payout was finally released today Feb 18, after one full month of chasing.

David6369
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

It has been 3 month, and they still haven't paid me. I suspended all my hosting now. I am even a superhost. shame on Airbnb to rip the money of Host. we need to take a class lawsuit into action. 

-

@David6369 @Laura2592 @Yan3 

That's tough!

What has been going on for three months?

How did it start and what did they tell you was the cause of the delay and payout?

How many times have you spoken with Customer Service?

The devil is in the details, they say, and if you can fill us in we can get a better understanding of this missing payout situation.

What is your strategy for getting paid?

-

@John1574 For my case, there was a calculation error in the total payout. The amount was less than it should be, so they're holding the payment. I spoke with their customer service folks a total of eight times (four phone calls and four separate Airbnb/Twitter messages) and had to explain the problem to them again every time. I just continued to push them and politely asked them to prioritize the ticket, which they have done. The payout was finally released to me after a full month of chasing.  If you cannot get them to increase priority of the ticket the first time around, wait a few days and call again. Luckily for me, it did get their tech team's attention.

-

@Yan3 

Well, the good news is that you did get paid. Bad news, it took a month!

Thank you for the update: it's very important that people update their results so that everyone that posts here realizes it eventually they will get paid if they persevere.

I still can't get a handle on how the mistakes happen. I'm sure sometimes it's hacking, and sometimes it's a glitch in AirBnB and maybe sometimes a customer glitch. But it sure would be nice to get a list of the things that can cause a missing payout.

We now have 20 pages of content on this thread, and I hope that people who post here about missing payouts read that content so they can get an idea of what's happening and how people are getting their issues resolved.

Congratulations on the good results and thanks for sharing your technique.

-