Missing Payouts, Has this happened to anybody else?

Susan723
Level 4
Cocoa, FL

Missing Payouts, Has this happened to anybody else?

Any other hosts experiencing missing payments from Airbnb? It first happened to me earlier this year. It was just one payment that time and only a few hundred dollars. After 3 days and receiving no notice of payout I called and spent hours on the email and phone with airbnb. They finally acknowledged their error and issued the payment. For my hours of trouble they sent me a coffee mug. This time the missing payouts total nearly $2k. I have already spent much time trying to get it corrected. So far I am just getting the "we are checking into it" email message. The original rep I spoke with acknowledged to me that there was a mistake made. So now I just get to sit and wait for them to hopefully correct their error again. I wonder if I will get another coffee mug. Frankly I would rather just timely get my payouts and without having to waste hours of my time to get them. Anyway just wondering if this is happening to other hosts and also a heads up to other hosts to be sure to keep track of your payouts.

365 Replies 365

It's been 3 weeks haven't received payout, they have people who say they will have it escalated Bull**bleep**!!

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Helen274

I'm so sorry to hear you have a problem with your payout. I've just had an update from the Support team on your case, so I will send you a DM now with more info. 

Nelly150
Level 2
Santiago, Chile

Got the same problem and they act pretty dodgily, they don't have a procedure, the people in the call centre don't even know what to request,  when I showed them the bank statements they "transferred me to a supervisor"but no one answered the chat, I tried to connect again and the chat said the case was closed? awful, what's going on with these people, are they using the money to pay other debts? I have been almost 3 weeks waiting for a payment which suposedly was sent. they did not want to ask for bank statements or whatsoever, seems like they knew the payment did not go trough or was not paid, no one is able to help and communicating with this people is terrible, the support is horrible and abusive. How can they have that kind of support, or they just play the get tired game ? 

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Melanie829 sorry to hear that. I've just sent you a DM so I can gather some more information. 

Eduardo670
Level 2
Santiago, Chile

@Nick @Lizzie @Catherine-Powell @Katie @Nelly150 @Susan723 @Melanie829 

It has been more than 2 months that Airbnb has not made me a single payment for my services already provided to guests. To date, I still haven't received my payments, not even a bank transfer receipt showing the alleged Airbnb payments. I have only received vague responses from Airbnb and internal proofs of alleged payments to me, but that do not include information about the source bank or account, or the destination bank or account, least of all my name. There are 8 accommodations between October and November, more than USD 2,000 in debt to me. Airbnb is conspicuous by its absence and lack of empathy with one of its hosts. A few days ago they thanked the more than 4 million hosts who work for Airbnb, but when they have these problems, they are not even able to show their faces or deliver concrete answers. A shame. If you want to know more about my story, you can follow her on Twitter @EdoGaeteZ.

@Eduardo670  did you eventually get paid? and if so what did you do to get payment? I am currently going through the same scenario and am owed a lot of money. I'm tired of the run around, should I cancel my listings with them? I'm afraid of loosing more money....

Hi Eduard,

I'm having the same problem and is Airbnb is owing me over US$17,000 in outstanding payments. They are arbitrarily closing help requests and passing me on from one team to another. The funds being owed is clear as day and I've also provided supporting documents showing that no payments have come through.

Were you paid in the end? If so, what worked and how long did it take for them to release the funds?

This seems to be a common-enough problem from Airbnb hosts...I'm getting worried if I'll ever get paid at all.

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

I'm sorry to hear about this, @Shanghai-Home0.

I've passed your details over to our Support team and asked them to help you get this sorted out.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Same problem here. 

Lachlan27
Level 2
Hat Head, Australia

Same. 3k spread over a few months. it would be easier to track of the airbnb deposit amount matched the payout amounts. I'm getting some deposits that represent multiple bookings over 2 properties. No response from help. We need a better platform. 

Has anyone been paid??? I am 6 weeks into an ongoing run around with them. I am tired and just want my money....

Hi Andrew,

I'm having the same problem and is Airbnb is owing me over US$17,000 in outstanding payments. They are arbitrarily closing help requests and passing me on from one team to another.

Just checking if you were paid in the end? If so, what worked?

This seems to be a common-enough problem from Airbnb hosts...I'm getting worried if I'll ever get paid at all.

Hi Lachlan,

I'm having the same problem and is Airbnb is owing me over US$17,000 in outstanding payments. They are arbitrarily closing help requests and passing me on from one team to another. The funds being owed is clear as day and I've also provided supporting documents showing that no payments have come through.

Were you paid in the end? If so, what worked and how long did it take for them to release the funds?

Andrew2468  Lachlan27

Eduardo670 @Nick @Lizzie @Catherine-Powell @Katie @Nelly150 @Susan723 @Melanie829  Stephanie365  Helen274

IoannisandCristina0  @April286 @Matt-And-Ashley1 @Maya415 @Todd207  @Sophie1105 

Hi all,

Am following up on this thread to see if this was ever resolved and you all have 
since been paid?

I recently found out that Airbnb is owing me over US$17,000 in payments and for the past 6 weeks I'm being shoved from one department to another. My help tickets are getting arbitrarily closed and there is no one following on this case despite repeated calls. I'm concerned whether I'll getting my money back ever and am also worried if there's anything else going on in terms of the company's financial health.

As hosts, this is part of, if not all of our livelihood and as someone hosting in Shanghai that is facing 6 weeks of lockdown with no income, I need funds urgently to pay for rentals. Airbnb is not supporting hosts when we need support the most and is really messing with our livelihoods.

I'm a former financial journalist and am going to get the media and former colleagues on this. This need to be exposed! I am getting in touch with hosts here and other threads who have not been paid so there's an avenue to get a sense of how big a problem this is.

Please let me know how the payment problems were or were not resolved for you. Feel free to DM me here or email me at ** email address hidden **
Best regards,

Faye