Missing Threads - Airbnb Host Survey COVID-19

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

Missing Threads - Airbnb Host Survey COVID-19

This thread is missing:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Airbnb-host-survey-for-the-COVID-19-pandemic/td-p/129927...

Does anybody know where it went to, as I believe no threads ever get deleted? Thanks.

amazon1-2.jpg

33 Replies 33

@Sarah977 

^^^  What Paddy @PaddySeventeen0  said I suppose? (or below).

I was more interested in taking the survey. It seemed legit to me. Weird that it was taken down, maybe the research world don't know the true feelings of hosts and stumbling on here was a bit of a shock to them? Something I've noticed is every time theres a SuperHost award, the forum is awash with gushing hosts. Theres normally a New post created and hosts never known before pop up to say how thrilled they are. None of the real issues go away, and I wonder how they can be so blinkered?

Definitely a wake up call.

With the next SuperHost presentation and all the cancellation policies overridden, I wonder if it will all still be the same?

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 @Sarah977 

Well, one would have to wonder if it was taken down because people were asking too many inconvenient questions? 

Coincidentally, t's only recently that Airbnb were trying to convince potential investors of their "trustworthiness" by way of another survey that raised more than a few eyebrows. (See article linked below) 

Note the dates of the survey - 13- 16 March. True to form, Airbnb conducted that somewhat questionable "survey" - ostensibly, designed to demonstrate the "trust" and confidence users have in their brand - on the very same weekend they circulated their global press release, blasting out all over the world's media the exciting news of their super-generous 100% No-Questions-Asked Full Refund Policy, For Every Guest, On Every Booking. The optimal timing for the company's generosity to be fresh and foremost in guests' consciousness, when answering the rather loaded questions. Jaw-droppingly cynical behaviour, and not exactly a stunt one should pull with seasoned moneymen.

Here's What Airbnb Is Confidentially Telling Investors About A New Survey

https://skift.com/2020/03/24/heres-what-airbnb-is-confidentially-telling-potential-investors-about-a...

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0  Yeah, all those gushing posts about how thrilled and honored they are that all their hard work has been acknowleged seem to come from hosts who are all Level 1 - never having posted before. I've also noticed that the majority of them tend not to be from hosts in first world countries.  

@Sarah977 

They invariably come back wondering why or how some misjustice has been dealt to them through the rules they signed up to, only to realise that the rules stated are twisted by the 'help articles' quite often stated as 'the rules'. 

Little gems such as the "Hosts must provide their contracted accommodation to guests (even though Airbnb may fail in obtaining payment for it because the guest had no intention of paying - so suck it up), " type of gems.

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

Oh, THAT thread @Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 !

- I reported it as 'spam?????' - shortly after it was posted.... Didn't trust clicking the link!

@Helen350 

You could have made $5 !! And potentially made a real contribution about the opinions of real hosts. Where else does that that ever happen and the opinions count?

Should have run it by you first  @Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 , before snitching to the mods! - I DID  leave it up to them, with my 'Spam??????????????'

@Sarah977  gave them short shrift, I seem to remember, saying that hosting styles were too disparate to provide meaningful info.... Pat questioned their ability to pay out if 700,000 hosts replied...... 

@Helen350 

Haha, No need for that. You did what you thought was right. Pity its gone completely as the links and their research seemed legitimate.

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

"Snitching to the mods" was SO "last week..." - What with Foreign Miss Survey & David Troll, & THEN, after DT had been (quite rightly) banned, what did he do??? Well, blow me, he POPPED UP again, with an alter ego, a nom de plume & started over with his uncalled for  ad hominum attacks.....

Well, I'm bored with snitching now..... No more snitching this weekend!

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 @PaddySeventeen0 

@Helen350 @PaddySeventeen0 

So much more interesting stuff around the CC. I had difficulty enough keeping awake to read it!

Now I’ve just got up and re-read some of it, I need to lie down again!!

😂😂

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0  Count how? The results of this research were going to be presented to Airbnb and the company was going to totally change its ways? I asked the woman who posted it to please explain how taking this survey would benefit hosts (which she claimed it would, beyond the $5 Amazon gift certificate) and she answered some gobbledegook that meant nothing. 

@Sarah977 

It would count in that way which Airbnb make decisions and Hosts say "Where did that come from!" which hosts were consulted to get that result?

Without participation from hosts who believe they have a voice rather than just reading the Airbnb script, nothing will change.

I think, by the time you questioned the OP she had already realised she'd dropped a clanger! Suddenly every answer becomes mumble bumble.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Ian-And-Anne-Marie0  et al,

Thanks for your vigilance on the CC, it really helps us CM's! For surveys and questionnaires, we always reach out to the poster to clarify what the purpose is. Usually it is a student looking for primary research on a paper which is fine but we do have concerns about sites leading away from the CC that could potentially cause trouble for the user who clicks. 9 out of 10 of the times, the OP is understanding about the concerns and we can turn that survey into a thread on the CC without the need of an off-putting redirect so they can gather up their research. 

In this case, when we reached out to the OP the answers didn't satisfy the required feeling safety for participants for the CC. I think @Sarah977 mentioned something along the lines of "gobblydegook" which says it best.

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

@Stephanie @Sarah977 @Helen350 @Anonymous @Melodie-And-John0 

Where can real Hosts ACTUALLY get their voices heard?

Hell, I'd do that for free, I've already earned more from reviews than from Airbnb this month!

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 , "heard" is a word dependant on relativity.  By heard, do you mean listened to?   If so,  yes here by many and I suspect elsewhere your voice is heard as well.  If you mean listened to, I think many here may also listen to you as well, you have strong POV's and opinions that can influence change and things that others are thinking.  If by heard you mean people in charge of Airbnb will change things  because of what you say, possibly because you say it here?  It could possibly gurgle up and resonate elsewhere like with @Brian cause my guess is he and his partners have and do check this place out occasionally, you just never know. 

Don't hold your breath or your tongue but its best not set your expectations higher than your willing to fall (BTW, the same advice works well with climbing trees), Stay well, JR