Missing Threads - Airbnb Host Survey COVID-19

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

Missing Threads - Airbnb Host Survey COVID-19

This thread is missing:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Airbnb-host-survey-for-the-COVID-19-pandemic/td-p/129927...

Does anybody know where it went to, as I believe no threads ever get deleted? Thanks.

amazon1-2.jpg

33 Replies 33

@Melodie-And-John0 

It might be naivety with not being here very long John, but nobody listens here or even at 'Listening Sessions'. Nobody takes a blind bit of notice on the CC. Other Hosts have been airing their opinions here for years to no avail. From the top of my head all of @Robin4 @Susan17 @Fred13 @Sarah977 and others who have had Airbnb's ear since the beginning of time, will not have seen any progress for any of their efforts towards host benefits, and the train just keeps on railroading..

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 , I just checked out your Canny Brow Barn, its very nice, good going! 

Im not sure Ive been naive or surprised about much in a very long time (maybe $195 a gallon Gasoline, thats a huuuuge surprise, wish I had somewhere to go!!!!!) but to be sure, I obviously haven't had nearly the issues using or appreciating the Airbnb platform as you have so that could be reason for our different POV's. 

Until Covid came to town, nothing in four years changed by the mother-ship caused me to book fewer guests or make less $$$, just the opposite.  I hope and pray business returns to that upward  trend after the virus effects diminish or go the way of the pox.     

Question Ian (I assume this is Ian, if its Anne Marie, I apologize), do you feel the lack of response to your concerns will cause you to move to another platform?  JR

@Melodie-And-John0 

Thanks, we try our best. It is Ian, and its a big wide world out there John. There's a Really Big Platform.. www - we're on there with our own site and currently integrating online bookings, rather than having to schedule BACS payments.

Airbnb and other platform providers exist - and you don't need to exclusively have your listing on one platform. Like many hosts we are already spread around other platforms. We obtain bookings from all the platforms we're on.

The lack of response to my concerns should be of more interest to Airbnb. Other platforms offer better terms for hosts, and it would be to them that I would refer guests and not to Airbnb if booking direct with us was not an available option. There is a massive shift in this direction, it seems.

One guest alone who cancelled directly with us, after being provided a range of options paid more in cancellation fees, quite happily, than we received from Airbnb in 6 "25% payouts". If the incentive was not already there to seek out alternative platforms before this COVID fiasco, it must surely be there now.

The removal of benefits to hosts over the time I've been here, is quite startling. I doubt, well, I know - because I ask, there have been no improvements for hosts, just added ways for us to lose or donate or sacrifice money.

Melodie-And-John0
Level 10
Munnsville, NY

@Helen350 ,   "Pat questioned their ability to pay out if 700,000 hosts replied...... ", that was the first thing I thought when i saw this.  Ive never heard of "Smart Tourism Research" but they better have deep pockets or a good bankruptcy lawyer! 

To be serious for a moment, having never heard of them before, I really have no idea what motivates the "research" @Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 .  It could be perfectly harmless, good data for real academia or just named in a way that might get concerned hosts to Klick Bait away and end up who knows where looking at who knows what or becoming part of data that might actually be used against you or me as a member of this community or just the human race (sorry about the run on).   

I think it would have been better to ask moderators first before it was posted on this commercial web site, they have people that can vet the content, sounds like the song and dance by the person wasn't ready for prime-time.  BTW @Ian-And-Anne-Marie0  Did you get your $5?   Inquiring minds wanna know!  Stay well, JR