Missing bath towels

Yoshinao0
Level 2
Nagano, Japan

Missing bath towels

Hi, I am the new host just got 6 groups of customers by now in Nagano, Japan, and 4 bath towels has been missing ...

It had happened always after Japanese guests checked out and they were all 1 nighter. 

I wanted to claim to the customer and Airbnb about missing items, however, I had a second thought that I need a good review for future customers....

So I didn't claim anything so far...

I just wanted to ask experienced hosts here about how to avoid the missing items from our property beforehand like putting message seals on the wall saying"Don't bring towels to your home" or something like that? Does it work?

Also, setting the minimum stay as 2 nights could work well to have nice guests?

By the way, I have already set the deposit about USD 200 per booking from the beginning.

Thank you for your kind advice in advance,

https://www.airbnb.jp/rooms/26828650

Yoshinao

3 Replies 3
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Not worth bringing it up @Yoshinao0, to many it would be like calling them a thief; but yes worth experimenting with finding a away so they don't tend to take the towels in the first place. 

Koryn3
Level 1
St Helena Bay, South Africa

How about taking stock before the guests leave? 

Deb216
Level 10
Newport, RI

I mention in my CHECK-OUT INSTRUCTIONS a list of what is expected of the guest before leaving, example:

- Please leave bedding on the beds. The housekeeper will strip the beds and do the laundry.

- Please leave all used towels in the laundry basket.  The housekeeper will do the laundry.