Mobile Browser Problem

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

Mobile Browser Problem

Can somebody ask the developers of the Community Centre forum mobile browser option to change the page layout?

Almost a 1/3 of the page is taken up with useless header space.

3F3487EA-2A08-4AC5-883D-DC43D8DE906E.png

@Liv @Katie  ?

Thanks.

5 Replies 5
Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 ,

Thanks for the tag, and sorry to hear you're getting this issue with the mobile version of the CC. It looks like you'e on an iPhone here, on Safari? Let me know and I can feed back to the team 😊

@Katie 

Yes. This is on an iPhone with Safari.

It's just as bad on an Android with Chrome.

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Lovely, thanks @Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 

We are looking into this with the product team to see what we can do with the mobile version, as it's quite complicated with all the languages we have here on the CC.

If you have any specific suggestions on what could improve the experience for you (whilst keeping all of the relevant info on the page) then let me know and I can put this forward. My thinking is that perhaps we could display just the avatar and remove your username, to make it more compact?

@Katie 

Removing the Avatar would remove 8 other child links which that menu header holds, so maybe not such a good idea.

I don’t think the language menu option must be used much, so that could be moved to the Avatar links as well as the search box - which is the biggest culprit.

Airbnb Logo :  Community : Avatar 

All on top line would be good.

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Ian-And-Anne-Marie0, we want to keep the language option on the main page, as whilst it's redundant for any English-speakers here on the CC, it's really important for speakers of other languages which we have communities for - it helps them navigate around without having to search through menus when they may not understand them. 

That's helpful feedback though - if we move to using the avatar only then we can hopefully optimise the space for mobile users a bit. I'll pass on the feedback 👍