Month of Celebration 2020

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Month of Celebration 2020

CC Month of Celebration.jpg

Hey everyone,

It’s coming up to that time of year again, where we hold our Month of Celebration here on the Community Center. 

For anyone who is new to the CC, we’ve been doing this since 2017, and it works a little bit like an advent calendar: each day throughout December, a different community member will start a new topic about something positive. We cover a huge range of things, both hosting and non-hosting related, from stories, to experiences, tips, milestones, traditions, fun facts - all sorts. 

It’s been a difficult year for everyone, so this would be a really nice way to keep a sense of positivity throughout the month, and end the year with something happy. 

Last year we had some fantastic topics, from a poem by @Inna22, to a topic on your most fun (or funny!) hosting experiences by @Laura2592, and a great insight into breakfast as a way to share cultural traditions with guests from @Miloud0.

We can’t do this without your input though, so if you’re keen to contribute then please reply to this thread and let us know which date (or dates) you would like to post a topic 😊

Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 11.59.16 VERSION 2.png

**Update: Extended Month of Celebration Posts**

As so many lovely new members were keen to take part this year, we have extended the Month of Celebration for the first few days of January - yay! 

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 10.49.02.png

Hopefully you’ll all enjoy getting involved, whether posting a topic, reading or commenting, and a gigantic THANK YOU to everyone taking part 💙

This really is what the Community is all about, and we will benefit from this daily dose of humour, positivity and experience-sharing now more than ever.

Katie, @Lizzie, @Liv@Nick & @Quincy.

95 Replies 95
Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Katie I hope you’re well!

I’m happy to take the 1st again  :))

Paul 

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Yay, great to hear from you @Paul1255 - amazing, I'll book you in for the first slot 😊

First in, best dressed @Paul1255 .... 👏🏼👏🏼🌻

Bronwyn38
Level 10
Wandandian, Australia

I could do 14th Dec, @Katie 

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Fantastic, thanks @Bronwyn38, all booked in for you 😁

Hi @Katie - I am happy to take the 28th. One of my guests did something extremely generous for another guest, and I would like to share the story and hear from others about the generosity of our guests and hosts.

@Lizzie, @Liv@Nick @Quincy

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Ethan52, that sounds like a fantastic story! Someone has snapped up the 28th already, but we are hoping to extend the Month of Celebration into the first week of Jan if you are keen - how does the 2nd January sound? 

Hi @Katie - Jan 2 is just fine, thank you!

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Fantastic, the 2nd Jan is all booked in for you @Ethan52 - I'll send you a DM a few days before 😊

Sounds great, thank you @Katie!

I could post on any date. Just throw one at me. 🙂

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great to hear that @Misty66 - can I book you in for the 26th December? 😊

Sure. That works.