Month of Celebration 2020

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Month of Celebration 2020

CC Month of Celebration.jpg

Hey everyone,

It’s coming up to that time of year again, where we hold our Month of Celebration here on the Community Center. 

For anyone who is new to the CC, we’ve been doing this since 2017, and it works a little bit like an advent calendar: each day throughout December, a different community member will start a new topic about something positive. We cover a huge range of things, both hosting and non-hosting related, from stories, to experiences, tips, milestones, traditions, fun facts - all sorts. 

It’s been a difficult year for everyone, so this would be a really nice way to keep a sense of positivity throughout the month, and end the year with something happy. 

Last year we had some fantastic topics, from a poem by @Inna22, to a topic on your most fun (or funny!) hosting experiences by @Laura2592, and a great insight into breakfast as a way to share cultural traditions with guests from @Miloud0.

We can’t do this without your input though, so if you’re keen to contribute then please reply to this thread and let us know which date (or dates) you would like to post a topic 😊

Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 11.59.16 VERSION 2.png

**Update: Extended Month of Celebration Posts**

As so many lovely new members were keen to take part this year, we have extended the Month of Celebration for the first few days of January - yay! 

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 10.49.02.png

Hopefully you’ll all enjoy getting involved, whether posting a topic, reading or commenting, and a gigantic THANK YOU to everyone taking part 💙

This really is what the Community is all about, and we will benefit from this daily dose of humour, positivity and experience-sharing now more than ever.

Katie, @Lizzie, @Liv@Nick & @Quincy.

95 Replies 95

@Katie , I see the 4th is still open, so I’ll take it!  💐

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Cathie19 you're a dream, can't wait to read it 💕

Nutth0
Host Advisory Board Member
Chiang Mai, Thailand

Hi @Katie and everyone, I will join to write on DAY 18 or can be DAY 17. Thanks 

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Yay thanks @Nutth0, I've booked you in for the 18th of December 😊

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I'll take the actual Christmas day, thank you very much @Katie 🙂 

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

It's all yours @Nick 🎄

Jen-Marie0
Level 5
Ruckersville, VA

I am new to the community but would love to participate - I actually have some great stories about how we survived through the pandemic while opening a brand new business and how Airbnb has helped us stay afloat.

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great to hear that @Jen-Marie0, I'd love for you to do a topic on one of the days - sounds like you've got lots of insight to share 😊

Which date would you like to do yours? 

Any date should work @Katie - let me know where you need me!

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Lovely, thanks for being so flexible @Jen-Marie0 😁 How about the 7th?

Veronica-Of-Excel-Proper0
Level 8
Sheffield, United Kingdom

Hi @Katie , I'm happy to post on the 17th.

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Fantastic @Veronica-Of-Excel-Proper0 - I've booked you in for that date 😊

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Katie 

I haven’t forgotten about this. Will get back to you re the date once I have got my new laptop and set it up as I find it impossible to type anything of length on a phone or tablet without autocorrect turning it into a load of gobbledygook!

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

No worries @Huma0 I've still got you on my list to get a date in for 😁 Haha I know the feeling - I just upgraded my phone as it was getting to the point where it couldn't keep up with my typing, and autocorrect had a mind of its own! 📱

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Katie, can you please book me in for the 8th? 👼

Thanks!