Month of Celebration 2020

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Month of Celebration 2020

CC Month of Celebration.jpg

Hey everyone,

It’s coming up to that time of year again, where we hold our Month of Celebration here on the Community Center. 

For anyone who is new to the CC, we’ve been doing this since 2017, and it works a little bit like an advent calendar: each day throughout December, a different community member will start a new topic about something positive. We cover a huge range of things, both hosting and non-hosting related, from stories, to experiences, tips, milestones, traditions, fun facts - all sorts. 

It’s been a difficult year for everyone, so this would be a really nice way to keep a sense of positivity throughout the month, and end the year with something happy. 

Last year we had some fantastic topics, from a poem by @Inna22, to a topic on your most fun (or funny!) hosting experiences by @Laura2592, and a great insight into breakfast as a way to share cultural traditions with guests from @Miloud0.

We can’t do this without your input though, so if you’re keen to contribute then please reply to this thread and let us know which date (or dates) you would like to post a topic 😊

Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 11.59.16 VERSION 2.png

**Update: Extended Month of Celebration Posts**

As so many lovely new members were keen to take part this year, we have extended the Month of Celebration for the first few days of January - yay! 

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 10.49.02.png

Hopefully you’ll all enjoy getting involved, whether posting a topic, reading or commenting, and a gigantic THANK YOU to everyone taking part 💙

This really is what the Community is all about, and we will benefit from this daily dose of humour, positivity and experience-sharing now more than ever.

Katie, @Lizzie, @Liv@Nick & @Quincy.

95 Replies 95
Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Lovely, thanks @Lawrene0, 13th is all yours 😊

Linda-And-Richard0
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

Hi @Katie I would like to post something for December 21.  Thanks, Linda Alwine

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

It's all yours @Linda-And-Richard0, excited to see it on the 21st 😄

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Thanks @Katie 

Maybe tag some of the newer & less frequent contributors who haven't participated before so they can feel more included 🤶🎅

It would be great to see some stories from people in countries we may not hear so much about...

Whilst I'm happy to contribute  I'm also happy to see some new faces...

Maybe put the links up to all the Month Of Celebration end Schedule/ Contributions we have had in the past @Katie 

@Lizzie  would you please be so kind to steer Katie where they all are?

Thanks in advance

Charles Dickens, Johnny Walker and others. ..

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Helen427, haha not to worry, I do know how to find the previous links so no need for Lizzie to show me 😉

I think it's best not to overwhelm people by throwing all of the links at them all at once, but your wish is my command: here are 2018 and 2017 for reference.

I'd also love for some new members to contribute, so please do reach out to anyone you think would like to do so 😊

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

@KatieI'd be honored to participate again this year. Put me down for whatever date you need filled, let me know, and I'll make it happen!

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Perfect, thanks @Suzanne302 😁 🙏 I will come back to you with a specific date once we have a few more names in - thanks for being so flexible!

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Suzanne302 how do you feel about doing the 3rd December? 😊

@KatieDone!

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Hi @Katie. If you need a filler, slot me in somewhere, otherwise all good! 🌻

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Fantastic, thanks @Cathie19, let me come back to you with a date shortly 🗓

@Katie, no worries! But as you get newer members showing confidence and happy to participate, I’m also more than happy to take a back seat and share the love! Play it by ear! 🌻

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Cathie19, we've got quite a few slots filling up later in the month and I have been encouraging some newer members to take part which is exciting! We have a slot coming up on the 4th with no takers yet though - are you able to do this one? 😊 

@Katie 

I’ll see what I can throw together with the short notice... as it’s a bit of a full on week for me at work.

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Cathie19 that's ok, we can pop you down for a later date if that's easier? No pressure - I don't want you to have to juggle doing a post on top of a busy week at work 😊