Month of Celebration 2020

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Month of Celebration 2020

CC Month of Celebration.jpg

Hey everyone,

It’s coming up to that time of year again, where we hold our Month of Celebration here on the Community Center. 

For anyone who is new to the CC, we’ve been doing this since 2017, and it works a little bit like an advent calendar: each day throughout December, a different community member will start a new topic about something positive. We cover a huge range of things, both hosting and non-hosting related, from stories, to experiences, tips, milestones, traditions, fun facts - all sorts. 

It’s been a difficult year for everyone, so this would be a really nice way to keep a sense of positivity throughout the month, and end the year with something happy. 

Last year we had some fantastic topics, from a poem by @Inna22, to a topic on your most fun (or funny!) hosting experiences by @Laura2592, and a great insight into breakfast as a way to share cultural traditions with guests from @Miloud0.

We can’t do this without your input though, so if you’re keen to contribute then please reply to this thread and let us know which date (or dates) you would like to post a topic 😊

Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 11.59.16 VERSION 2.png

**Update: Extended Month of Celebration Posts**

As so many lovely new members were keen to take part this year, we have extended the Month of Celebration for the first few days of January - yay! 

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 10.49.02.png

Hopefully you’ll all enjoy getting involved, whether posting a topic, reading or commenting, and a gigantic THANK YOU to everyone taking part 💙

This really is what the Community is all about, and we will benefit from this daily dose of humour, positivity and experience-sharing now more than ever.

Katie, @Lizzie, @Liv@Nick & @Quincy.

95 Replies 95
Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I certainly can @Liv 🙌 🗓

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Calling out to all the @Angel-Christmas-Joy0 @Angel5 @Angel4 @Angel3 @Angel27 

@December2 @DeCember1 @December0 and others who have these names to partake in The Month Of Celebration

@Liv @Katie @Nick @Francesca @Quincy @Lizzie @Stephanie 

Flavia202
Level 10
Kingston, Jamaica

Hi all - I'm taking up one of the CC Managers' (Liv) invitation to do a post for our Monthly Celebrations in December. She noticed that I've been popping into the CC quite a lot. Lol! Caught! 
Seriously, though, I do love to read your opinions and suggestions so guess what? This one is for you, the Airbnb Hosts who have passed on some invaluable lessons to me as a relative newbie to hosting.
Thanks for your openess to share fortrightly your experiences with guests - no holds barred. Love it!  Your tips, warnings and suggestions have helped to guide me to smart hosting which I started in December 2019 (signed up in 2018 but had to defer due to a heavy workload which included travel). In August I successfully hosted my first ever long term guest - for almost 2 months!  I was excited for the opportunity and hoped for the best but worried about all the things that could go wrong - what if guest got on my nerves? Will she run the AC 24/7,  have too many visitors, get too comfy and break my rules?
That's where you - the Airbnb Hosts came in. As the what-ifs scenarios played in my mind I would turn to the CC to search for the topic and how you would handle it.  Priceless!
Trust me, if any of you want to write a book on hosting, I would encourage you to go for it. It would 'sell off!' (to use a Jamaican slang).  Happy December! and hoping for a prosperous 2021 for us all!
Special shout out to @Sarah977
@Robin4, @Emelia42, @Debra300, @Anonymous, @Inna22, @Paul1155

@Flavia202 thank you for the shout out from my favorite island! Happy Holidays to you as well!

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What a lovely message, @Flavia202. Thanks for sharing 💕

It's great to hear that you've been learning so much from some amazing community members. Hopefully we'll see you around more often in 2020 👀  

Happy Holidays!

Thanks, Liv. Certainly! 💕

Flavia202
Level 10
Kingston, Jamaica

@Inna22, than you. One Love!

Elinor0
Level 4
Topeka, KS

I will take December 28, if it's still free. I haven't participated in this before, because I was unaware of it.

Elinor18843
Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Elinor0, that's fantastic - I've booked you in for the 28th December 😊 I'll send you a DM a few days before to remind you, and can't wait to read your post!

Jennifer1673
Level 3
Pine Mountain Club, CA

I'll take 12/31 @Katie 

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Perfect @Jennifer1673, the 31st December is all yours 😁 I'll send you a DM a few days ahead of then, and I look forward to reading your post on that day 

Kristan13
Level 2
Kerikeri, New Zealand

hey katie as per email .. would love to contribute! such a positive vibe going on here in NZ, and that wee yacht is a hit! even with that miniature dinghy! a lot of laughs and adventures so far. Let me know a date you'd like me to contribute to and Il be there...

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Kristan13 thanks so much for volunteering to get involved - we'd love to see some pics of your yacht listing 😃 We've actually just filled all the December slots, but if you're willing to then we can extend the Month of Celebration into the first week of Jan - how do you feel about doing the 1st January? 🗓

Kristan13
Level 2
Kerikeri, New Zealand

Absolutely.. shel be decked out (scuse the pun) in fairy lights and fireworks (pointed the right way for New Years so  Il through up a couple here and show you what our guests enoy!128695858_3479492395452735_1571011905196250067_n.jpg128426343_988734084869753_6805586702827761319_n.jpg128787630_378505696553641_4376727702938169738_n.jpg129916162_390449988948572_3326185881291217613_n.jpg

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Fantastic, we'll book you in for the 1st then! 

Wowee, it looks amazing @Kristan13, your guests are super lucky! 😃 🛥