Month of Celebration 2020

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Month of Celebration 2020

CC Month of Celebration.jpg

Hey everyone,

It’s coming up to that time of year again, where we hold our Month of Celebration here on the Community Center. 

For anyone who is new to the CC, we’ve been doing this since 2017, and it works a little bit like an advent calendar: each day throughout December, a different community member will start a new topic about something positive. We cover a huge range of things, both hosting and non-hosting related, from stories, to experiences, tips, milestones, traditions, fun facts - all sorts. 

It’s been a difficult year for everyone, so this would be a really nice way to keep a sense of positivity throughout the month, and end the year with something happy. 

Last year we had some fantastic topics, from a poem by @Inna22, to a topic on your most fun (or funny!) hosting experiences by @Laura2592, and a great insight into breakfast as a way to share cultural traditions with guests from @Miloud0.

We can’t do this without your input though, so if you’re keen to contribute then please reply to this thread and let us know which date (or dates) you would like to post a topic 😊

Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 11.59.16 VERSION 2.png

**Update: Extended Month of Celebration Posts**

As so many lovely new members were keen to take part this year, we have extended the Month of Celebration for the first few days of January - yay! 

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 10.49.02.png

Hopefully you’ll all enjoy getting involved, whether posting a topic, reading or commenting, and a gigantic THANK YOU to everyone taking part 💙

This really is what the Community is all about, and we will benefit from this daily dose of humour, positivity and experience-sharing now more than ever.

Katie, @Lizzie, @Liv@Nick & @Quincy.

95 Replies 95
Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Deborah82, can I pencil you in for the 2nd? 🗓

Hi Katie,

The second of December would be lovely, thank you.

will you be sending a reminder and a link for the correct page please? I’ve only done this once before and my memory sucks. 😂🤣

Loving the Airbnb community and it’s diversity❣️
Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Perfect, I've booked you in for that date 👌

Haha no problem whatsoever, I will be sending you all the info beforehand, not to worry 😊

Solveig0
Level 10
Lørslev, Denmark

Hi @Katie , I'd be happy to write something, any day is fine. Has anyone taken the 5th yet?

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Perfect, thanks @Solveig0 - the 5th is still free so I have put you down for that date 😊

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Salut @Katie ,

💙Can I  do on Dec 23 💕 ?

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Salut @Dale711, no problem at all, that date is all yours 😊

Laura2484
Level 10
Ohope, New Zealand

@Katie ,

Thanks for asking Katie, if it’s okay Dec 24th please.

Stay well.☀️

Laura

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great, thanks @Laura2484, I've booked you in for that date 😀

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

My lucky number is the 14th and it looks like someone has that already. So the 11th? Or whatever other date you need?

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw everyone is getting in there speedily with dates @Laura2592, 11th is also gone, but I've pencilled you in for the 12th - I hope that's ok? 😊

Wende2
Level 10
Church Creek, MD

@Katie   Hello....I'll take the 20th this time.

Have a nice day.

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Wende2, great to see you - perfect, I've booked you in for that date 😁

@Katie  See you on the 20th.

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Day 13, @Katie ? Otherwise, whatever you need filled.