Monthly Hosting and Cleaning

Mark--Moshe-0
Level 1
Baltimore, MD

Monthly Hosting and Cleaning

Hello!

I have had a guest for several months now, he works in the area and rents monthly from me. I wash his sheets every week, vaccum the room every week, and clean the bathroom every week (or hire someone to do it). Is every week too much or would it be okay if i changed this to every 2 weeks? Technically i am not a hotel, so air bnb isnt maid service, and he is renting from me. Its just getting too expensive to do this every week. I know its based on host preference to please his guests, but what do people normally do in a sitaution like this? Would you do it every week or every other week? 

2 Replies 2
Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

I charge a one time cleaning fee. 

In my mind, it covers the cost of prepping the room.

Anything more than that is negotiable. With month long rentals that get a discount, I provide no extra service. For long stays less than one month, I provide clean towels and linens weekly. 

I looked at your price. Considering you provide a private bathroom, your price is not high enough to command high service.  But I respect your choice.

Thanks for the reply paul, i honestly have only charged a cleaning fee 3 times out of the several months the guest has been staying at my house, and its a small fee of just 15$. I do undercharge, i am aware of that, i did that to try and get my place noticed, but its getting too expensive to wash the sheets, and or hire someone to clean. I don't want to ruin my host reputation, but i feel like i am doing simply too much.