More than one room

More than one room

I have just started hosting on Airbnb.  We have three rooms so can anyone tell me how I know which room people want to book?  We have two double rooms and one twin room.  One of the doubles has an ensuite, the other double has its bathroom across the landing.  How will I know which room they want or do I just give them whatever. Or, do I list each room as a separate 'hosting'?

8 Replies 8
Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Jacky147, you will need to create a separate listing for each room. Hope that helps and happy hosting!

Thank you very much!  A bit of a nuisance but makes a lot of sense.  Thanks again.

Jacky

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Jacky147 

Hi Jacky, and welcome to Airbnb hosting and the community centre. You will find a lot of good advice here from many experienced hosts and hopefully you will become a great host as well.

To your issue. You must snooze what ever you have done! Log on and from the drop down menu under 'Host' select 'Listings'. Click on that and you will be taken to your listing editing page and (ignoring all my lines and writing) this is what you will see.......

Help Guide 1.png

You will notice the last item on this page is your listing status. There are three options there, select Snoozed and this will take your listing offline until you have been able to set it up the way you want.

Once you have done that what you need to do is create 4 separate listings instead of the current one that you have! the current listing is for Bramble Cottage Guest house and is the entire space, your two double rooms and your one twin. Keep that because you may have a guest who wants to book your entire cottage, so just leave that listing as it is.

Now create a new listing under the 'Add Listing' tab and give one of your double rooms a specific title....lets say we will call it 'Bramble Cottage green suite' .... you can still use the photos and description for your whole house listing but just amend the number of beds to reflect one of the double rooms and just show a photo of that one bedroom instead of all three.

Next create another listing for the other double and call that say....'Bramble Cottage, the Blue suite' and do the same thing again with your description except just show the bedroom that goes with that listing. 

So now Jacky you will have created three separate listings! One for the whole cottage.....one for the 'green suite' and one for the 'Blue suite'

Next create another listing and call it lets say 'Twin beds at Bramble Cottage' to cover the twin room and once again cut and paste most of your details but in the photos for sleeping arrangements just show the twin room rather than the other bedrooms.

Now you will have 4 separate listings and people who look at your Bramble cottage will see each of those new 3 you have created as separate listings. You can price them individually and when you are happy with the text of each you can post all 3 of your newly created listings. They will be vetted by Airbnb and within 48 hours they will become public. At this point you can now go back to that original listing I asked you to snooze and click the 'Listed' option. Your 4 listings will now become public!

Now the problem is you have to sync those 4 listings so that you don't get booking overlapping between listings.....you don't want someone booking your whole cottage when you already have a booking for a couple of rooms. The way to avoid this is to 'Sync' your 4 listings! This is how you do it....

Resorting to another of those help guides of mine, from that tool line where you selected, 'snoozed/listed' scroll across to 'availability'....click on that and you will be faced with these options....

How to Sync calendars.png

The last item will let you import each of your 4 listings so that the Airbnb syncing software will show on each of your 4 calendars what dates are available for booking with each listing. This way you won't get any double bookings.

I hope this is able to help you Jacky!

Cheers......Rob

My goodness!  Couldn't be clearer!  Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.  I have snoozed my listing so will now set about setting up separate listings.  I won't do one for the whole cottage because we live downstairs and the three rooms are upstairs so we would only take bookings for the three rooms.  Thank you again for your help.

Jacky

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Jacky147 

That's what we are here for Jacky! I couldn't have got started without the help I got here on the CC, you will find it's a great resource. We are part of a jigsaw puzzle, individually we don't know everything, but collectively, there is not much we don't know ....All the best!

Cheers......Rob

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Jacky147  Are you in England too? "Bramble cottage" looks & sounds rather English! - If you view my profile, you will see what 3 listings on 1 profile look like.... (Tho' I didn't cut & paste - can't! - just wrote each description anew!) - Good luck with it all!

Hi Rob, can I just ask another quick question.  The pricing of each room, is it for the room per night or per person per night?  We charge less if it is only one person in the room.

Jacky

Christine1081
Level 4
Humboldt, TN

Good feedback! Welcome to hosting 

Christine Warrington