Moving house?

Vicky1
Level 1
Surfers Paradise, Queensland, Australia

Moving house?

Hey I want to move house but I have bookings through till January. I'll probably move within the same suburb I live in now, I'm happy to honour my guests booking but will this cause an issue?

Vicky

2 Replies 2
Tanya-and-Alex0
Level 5
Sofia, Bulgaria

Hi, 

It is not possible that you transfer the bookings on the new house - they are only valid for the current listing. 

What you would need to do, is first create the new listing for your new place, and then, contact each of your booked guests individually, and ask them if it is okay for them if you change their reservation to be at your new place.  If they agree to this, you can do a "change reservation" for each of them, where you change the reservation to be at the new listing.  There is a dropdown box in change reservation form allowing you to select any of your listings.  You can ony change the listing before the reservation starts, not after the reservation has begun.  

IF they do not agree to stay at your new listing, you would either need to have them cancel or you would need to cancel their reservation.  If you cancel too many guest reservations you will be penalized -- AIrbnb will start charging you for each cancellation.  So it's best to work things out with the guests so you don't have to cancel on them.