Multi-Calendar

Jacklynn0
Level 1
Pāhoa, HI

Multi-Calendar

We have 5 listings (houses) as well as a sixth listing (estate) for all our listings at once for weddings and such.  The website multi calendar view is very important to us but has not been working for 2 days.  I don't know how to report website problems like this.  We are very hopeful this will be fixed soon because without multicalendar view  coordinating reservations is much harder and more time consuming.  Much appreciation for any help.

43 Replies 43
Nalin0
Level 2
New Delhi, India

Multi-calendar stopped working! What a mess Airbnb??

It is one of the simplest tools you can provide for the host with multiple listings!

Well, good to see I'm not the only one...

let's all send a message and feedback to airbnb, they have to notice and give us a pubblic explanation 

Justin314
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I just spoke to Airbnb and they said they changed this functionality recently to only give it to hosts that have 5 or more properties. Apparently they completed some user feedback......

I've asked them to look at this conversation and see how much it is impacting those with multiple listings and that it hasn't been thought through. The lady from the support team said she would feed this back to the Product Team to see if they will reverse the change....

OH NO!!!  I have three listings and this tool is ESSENTIAL to managing them. 

Krista17
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

I just figured out a workaround.  Create listings you don't plan to actually use and then makes the dates unavailable by default.  You'll get your multicalendar back.

Great idea! I'll get onto this....

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Jacklynn0@Justin314@Krista17@Giovanni-Pietro0@Nalin0@Douglas167@GLG-Admin0@Annelène0@Amy669

Lovely to meet you all. My name is Lizzie and I am the Community Manager here in the Community Center. I am sorry about your worry around this view option.

We have spoken with the tech team on this and so I wondering if you could try the below please:

Please go to:

Account Settings > Settings > and select to Opt-in to the 'Use professional tools' there.

I know this has worked for other hosts, so please do let me know how you get on and hopefully you will see the multi-calendar view shortly. 

Speak to you soon.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Justin314
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Many thanks Lizzie! That has worked for me

This didn't work for me. And what a weird thing to do to change the code so multicalendar no longer works, not communicate with users that it doesn't, or why the change was made, and then force uss to have to fish for a solution in the community pages. Related, two of your phone support people were utterly unfamiliar with this problem despite there being many hosts comnplaining about the problem in the Community. Also...I never got a callback on my original report of this problem. This all seems like a serious dropped ball.

Lastly, forcing users to sign up as a company? I'm not incorporated and have no desire to become incorporated so I don't understand why AirBnB wants to force me to do that just so I can view the multicalendar that has existed for a very long time without having to set up as a company. Makes no sense.

With multi-calendar, I can work much more efficiently! Thank you!

Jerrold0
Level 2
Chatham, United Kingdom

Thanks Lizzie,

Just changed mine and ove the additional info professional tools gives us

Thank you!!  I wasn't sure what happened to the multi calendar function. Thanks to everyone for asking, and for the solution. SO MUCH EASIER!

Thank you Lizzie,  problem solved!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great news, thanks for confirming @Giovanni-Pietro0 and @Justin314.

I am sorry again about the confusion around this.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

multicalendar.pngGood morning Ms Lizzie, seems there is another problem with multi calendar display. Its since new year that appears all grey. Is there a solution?

Thanks