Multi Calendar

Multi Calendar

Hello,

This is a VERY URGENT message, so PLEASE forwarded this to the correct department (IT, or Web Development).

I operate one of the highest-rated Airbnb properties in Southern Utah (Zion National Park area). I have 5 separate listings, and I manage ALL my listings from the multi calendar page.

Yesterday there was a HUGE wrench thrown into our spokes with the recent changes/updates made to the multi calendar.

The new system lacks all of the information that we could see previously, such as the pricing, guest's names, etc. We adjust our pricing manually and daily from the multi calendar, depending on our bookings and our assessment of the activity in our area. Today we were VERY frustrated to find out that our ability to see our pricing on the multi-calendar was gone.

These changes are INCREDIBLY inconvenient. PLEASE add that information back into the new multi-calendar ASAP!!! These types of frustrations are enough to encourage us to do more business on VRBO.

Thank you,

Brian 

55 Replies 55
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Brian-And-Polina0

Sorry to pop your bubble, this is not airbnb customer service, we are all hosts on the forum, we would love to help but unfortunately you need to contact airbnb.

Below is a link to the community help guides

community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Community-Help-Guides

@Jeff158 wrote:

Hi @Brian-And-Polina0

Sorry to pop your bubble, this is not airbnb customer service, we are all hosts on the forum, we would love to help but unfortunately you need to contact airbnb.

Below is a link to the community help guides

community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Community-Help-Guides

Jeff, sorry to pop your bubble, but I called their customer service and learned NOTHING!!  The lady who tried to help me the first time had no idea as to "why's" or "when the calendar would be re-installeed" but "they were working on it and it'll take a couple days". NOT.  I called 2 weeks later only to find out they no longer offer that option.  I gave her my opinion about what I was thinking, about potential double bookings and thus losing my super host priviledges...  and she agreed with all my concerns.  In my frustration I searched in the community center and after reading that other hosts were as frustrated as I was with same issue, and after scrolling down to read more - LO AND BHOLD!! there was Lizzie fron London and many thanks to her reply, I, now, have my multi-calendar back.  In other words, thanks to Brian and Polina, I am looking at my calendar once again all in one page, and I am no longer afraid of double booking.  Thank YOU, as well, for giving me the oportunity to say that in this case their support service sucks and our community center whinnings, moaning and groanings rule -LOL-        

I am not suprised one bit to read about the lack of considertion by AirBnB about an important issue affecting Hosts. My experience has been that they are very arrogant and don't seem to give a rat's ass what we think. It's all about them. Period. 

Maybe we should start a Host's Guild or Host's Assocation. 

how do you get multi-calendar back?

Nancy315
Level 1
Prescott, AZ

While this may not be the correct site for Brian's complaint, or perhaps even this comment, yet I couldn't agree with him more.  And, I HAVE submitted my concern to the site you recommended.  I have always appreciated the support a host receives from the Air BnB CSRs but fixing something that doesn't seem broken isn't helpful.  It's unfortunate that these recent changes were made. I  also appreciate knowing I'm not alone in this particular experience so directed through the wrong site or not, thanks to Brian.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

@Brian-And-Polina0

You could post in Hosts Voice and if it gets enough support it may be considered.

David
Tony134
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

@Brian-And-Polina0 @ others

I have a multi calendar thread going here:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/New-Multi-Calendar-August-25/m-p/488667/highlight/true#M...

There are definitely some problems with it, they stripped a lot of important visible data from it.  Try to take conversation over here.

Tony, the point of this thread is not the changes they've made to multi-calendar, it is the fact that the feature is no longer available whatsoever to any hosts with less than 6 listings.  Your thread appears to be focused on all of the messed up changes they've incorporated for anyone that still has access to the newly neutered functionality.

@John--Nate-And-Baylen0  I'm not sure if this still works, I have multi-calender with 2 listings.

Click the link and scroll down to "Use tools that work for you", now click "Try the tools now". This will take you to your dashboard, scroll down to reservations and click multi-calender

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/host/professional

Multi calendar is not offered on my dashboard

OMG is that true, we must have 6  listings? I have 3 but they are linked so multi-calendar is critical. When I woke up yesterday and found it was gone I phoned Airbnb to record it as a bug and they did not say anything other than they would report it.  Just trying to work out when to book the cleaner is a nightmare now let alone syncing with other sites.  I am pretty near permanently booked with weekly changeovers for each.  So permanent income for Airbnb too. Why would they do this? 

Hi Wendy,  Have you heard anything about the multi-calendar.  I'm so beside myself about this too!!!   I'm sending feedback daily to bring it back.  It's a nightmare!!

I head theree is a work around to get the calendar back, and hope it still works!

Ok, so there has been an update of the multi calendar functionality..hooray!! the fact that the functionality to Add A Note to bookings in this view has been removed just doesnt make sense. Pricing, pictures etc also removed from this view.. 

Now I have to upload 4 single calendars simultaneously to be able to see or write  important Notes against a guests duration-staying-bar, see pricess and pictures.

Their last update was a shambles and just as you start getting used to working with it, they do another update, which is not necesarily an improvement. It seems Airbnb Developers have to look busy and pretend they are working and improving things so they can keep getting their FAT CHECKS..  SMH

The I.T /Development Team really need to fix up.