Multicalendar redesign now needs 6 listings to work!

Lubo2
Level 3
Hollywood, FL

Multicalendar redesign now needs 6 listings to work!

This morning, (Oct 28 2018) multicalendar stopped working for me accross all platforms. I just got off the phone with customer support. After speaking with two different reps, and going through all the troubleshooting, I was finally told that the multicalendar is undergoing a 'redesign' and is currently available only to hosts with 6 or more properties. The link to access the calendar is still on my account, but it just defaults back to my first listing's month-view calendar. No error, no explanation to that effect, nothing.

This is just ridiculous. I don't see any reason they could have for enacting this minimum. Bandwidth conservation? 'encouraging' people to add more listings? On the current documentation page it states that accounts with multiple listings will be able to use the multicalendar (as in, more than one). It has worked for years when I had 2 listings, and now that I have 4. This is an indispensible tool for serious hosts who host rooms full time, and anyone who hosts mutiple, short term reservations back to back, all year round. It is a huge hassle to try to fit longer reservations when you have to switch them from listing to listing without being able to see all listings next to each other with a bird's eye view. Changing prices, seeing when listings are to be cleaned was much easier. Quickly being able to see when no properties were booked so you could plan a vacation. I mean, the uses are just endless! There's a reason all regular rental and hotel software platforms have this feature!

The rep said that they may or may not keep the 6 listing requirement once the feature is fully rolled out, and that there's no way to know for sure, but for now it's 'broken.' Even if they are doing testing to determine this, I don't see why the current multicalendar has to be inacessible. He said it should work with properties with more than 6 listings. So that means all of these hosts who have less than 4 suddenly have no access to this tool, even if the redesign is still not finalized and rolled out?

I just wanted to get this out there since it's something that happened recently and I'm sure other serious hosts would find frustrating. It has happened before, and it has been fixed. I know that there are alternatives to this, such as Google calendar or management software, but you either have to a). pay for it, or b). it just doesn't work well (does not show picture or enough info, not visually easy to see check ins and outs because it doesn't place reservations halfway over the next day as typical hotel calendar software does).

They really need to fix this, and allow people with more than one listing to use this feature. And if they're doing a redesign or something else, please at least don't break this feature while updating it!

49 Replies 49
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Jena2,

Nice to meet you. Just checking, have you tried my suggestion above? This has worked for many other hosts.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

tjanks

Lizzie,

Is there a page outlining what the PRO features are?

Tim

Yes, I did as you suggested and it worked until the other day. Now my multicalendar will not show dates. It only shows the guests name and I can't tell when they check in or out. It is so inconvient to not have this feature. Any ideas what is happening? 

Hello @Lizzie

I did as you suggested and the mulit calendar worked until the last week or so. Now my multicalendar will not show dates. It only shows the guests name and I can't tell when they check in or out. It is so inconvient to not have this feature. Any ideas what is happening? 

Lizzie, thanks so much. My frustration echoes what everyone has said here. Glad I did some sleuthing and found this thread and read down it to your fix. Airbnb customer support on Facebook - the quickest response time of all support - didn't know about this so I screenshotted your fix and shared it with them. But I expect Airbnb will hear from a lot of hosts about this unfortunate removal, and those hosts won't find their way to your fix. 

opting-in to Professional Tools worked for me, the multi-cal is back. why did none of the support reps mention this? i was on chat and phone with them twice in the last few days. this must be a brand new feature, because i have not seen any announcements about it. would have been nice to have been notified that this was happening. we have 2 listings (soon to be 3) and we live on the Multi-calendar to schedule cleaning and maintenance. glad you posted this. thanks!

Thomas-and-Ramona0
Level 4
Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea

Thank you Lizzie, that worked for me too. I would like to add my voice as a superhost to vote for it being easily available for all hosts as it was before. I don't find the single-listing calendars workable or useful at all. We have 4 listings at the moment.

Thanks,

Ramona

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Thomas-and-Ramona0 for sharing this. A few hosts have said this, here in the CC, so I'm feeding this back to the team. 

It is good to know how useful the multi-calendar is to you and other hosts.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Lizzzie,  You are not listening to what the hosts are saying.  Your response shows how out of touch Airbnb and you have become.  As you heard from other hosts, you don't ask hosts what they need.  Just people sitting in a conference room trying to justify their jobs and who have never been a host making decisions about what we need. I agree with the other hosts that Airbnb is not focusing on the spirit of Airbnb anymore but big business.   As hosts we work very hard and there are a few tools that really make the hosts life easier and one was the multi calendar. We don't want to go to another site to maybe try and get our multi calendar up and running.  I did though do as you said and it didn't work. Why should I have to go onto another site? We are busy hosting!  I just went through what the other hosts did of spending 4 days calling Airbnb with none of the Airbnb chat support knowing what was going on.  Then after 4 days I get a call from Airbnb telling me that the multi calendar is no longer available to hosts with less than 6 listings.  Multi should mean more than one. Walk the Talk!  

That worked for me, thank you Lizzie. I have two listings and live in whichever apartment is not book so the multi-calendar is crucial to me. I've been really struggling with the new system. Sorted now though, thanks again.

This worked for me as well. Its a shame that I had to find it on here and not through the "support" function where I was told it was switched of for less than 6 listings. 

Thank you Lizzie, this was a majure issue for me as well. Fixed it!

thank you for showing how to switch back to multi calendar. 

much obliged,  

jennifer 

Can someone please tell me how to switch on my multi calendar?  I lost it whilst away on holiday, 3 weeks ago, and it's still not working.  As I currently only see a blank box when I click on the calendar button, I'm not able to update my calendar.  Help!