Multicalendar redesign now needs 6 listings to work!

Lubo2
Level 3
Hollywood, FL

Multicalendar redesign now needs 6 listings to work!

This morning, (Oct 28 2018) multicalendar stopped working for me accross all platforms. I just got off the phone with customer support. After speaking with two different reps, and going through all the troubleshooting, I was finally told that the multicalendar is undergoing a 'redesign' and is currently available only to hosts with 6 or more properties. The link to access the calendar is still on my account, but it just defaults back to my first listing's month-view calendar. No error, no explanation to that effect, nothing.

This is just ridiculous. I don't see any reason they could have for enacting this minimum. Bandwidth conservation? 'encouraging' people to add more listings? On the current documentation page it states that accounts with multiple listings will be able to use the multicalendar (as in, more than one). It has worked for years when I had 2 listings, and now that I have 4. This is an indispensible tool for serious hosts who host rooms full time, and anyone who hosts mutiple, short term reservations back to back, all year round. It is a huge hassle to try to fit longer reservations when you have to switch them from listing to listing without being able to see all listings next to each other with a bird's eye view. Changing prices, seeing when listings are to be cleaned was much easier. Quickly being able to see when no properties were booked so you could plan a vacation. I mean, the uses are just endless! There's a reason all regular rental and hotel software platforms have this feature!

The rep said that they may or may not keep the 6 listing requirement once the feature is fully rolled out, and that there's no way to know for sure, but for now it's 'broken.' Even if they are doing testing to determine this, I don't see why the current multicalendar has to be inacessible. He said it should work with properties with more than 6 listings. So that means all of these hosts who have less than 4 suddenly have no access to this tool, even if the redesign is still not finalized and rolled out?

I just wanted to get this out there since it's something that happened recently and I'm sure other serious hosts would find frustrating. It has happened before, and it has been fixed. I know that there are alternatives to this, such as Google calendar or management software, but you either have to a). pay for it, or b). it just doesn't work well (does not show picture or enough info, not visually easy to see check ins and outs because it doesn't place reservations halfway over the next day as typical hotel calendar software does).

They really need to fix this, and allow people with more than one listing to use this feature. And if they're doing a redesign or something else, please at least don't break this feature while updating it!

49 Replies 49
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Patricia247 click on your profile photo when logged on to airbnb and choose "account settings", now click on settings. You should get a page to switch on hosting tools and add your business details.

Hi Jeff, many thanks for your help.  I've followed your instructions, but I still can't see my multi calendar which is most frustrating!   When I looked at the settings screen, I saw that hosting tools are already switched on.  Although it's not applicable to me, I did add my business details but it made no difference so I've deleted them again.  Not sure what to do now.  I really do need to be able to see the multi calendar rather than having to go into each separate listing to get a single calendar.   I have 5 listings, and see that another host has said that you need 6 listings in order to see the multi calendar.   Strange, it always used to work.

Jeff158
Level 10

@Patricia247 Very strange, Its working fine for me with only 2 listings, have you tried the link on your dashboard. if it say's multi-calender its definitely switched on, shown below.

Untitled3.jpg.png

Hi Jeff,   I've gone into the site this morning, through the dashboard as you suggest, and HURRAH!  the multi calendar is visible again and I've been able to update my bookings, family visits etc.  What a relief.  I don't know if it's something I did yesterday when I was trying to fix it, but I'm back, up and running.  Thank you so much for your help and support.   Have a good day and good luck with getting lots of bookings in 2019!  Tricia

Thank you for the work-around on this issue.

I followed the steps and the multi-calendar now works again.

However, the support tech I just hung up with, was not aware that this fix existed.

Please let the support folks know to save everyones time.

It worked! thanks @Lizzie

@Lizzie wrote:

Hello @Lubo2 and @Susan17 (Rebecca & Tony, I've @ mentioned you in other threads on the same topic),

I am sorry to hear your concern around this feature.

We have spoken with the tech team on this as I have been hearing quite a lot of confusion around this and so I wondering if you could try the below please:

Please go to:

Account Settings > Settings > and select to Opt-in to the 'Use professional tools' there.

Several other hosts have mentioned this has worked for them, so if you could let me know that would be great.

Thanks,

Lizzie

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great to hear, thanks for letting me know @Irina235. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

The multiple calendar is still not working properly. It only shows Airbnb bookings and not the dates that are blocked out for other reasons.  It is still a disaster.

Will177
Level 1
New South Wales, Australia

Perfect! This solution worked for me. Thank you! It brought the multi-calender view back

Thanks Lizzie. That worked for me as well. I'm now trying to figure out the other new pro features. 

What ARE the other PRO features?  Are there any others?

Jeff158
Level 10
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Jeff158 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Lubo2 @Tim603 @Diederik3 @Jeff158 @Lizzie, and everyone else I can't tag... 

Firstly, using the pro-tools to access the multi-calendar is a workaround, discovered by a host, by chance. This "workaround" has not been suggested or endorsed by Airbnb. The company deliberately removed the multi-calendar from "amateur" hosts for a reason, and added it to the suite of exclusive preferential policies and practices it offers to sweeten the deal and reel in the Pros. Trust me, they don't want plebs like us using the multi-calendar and you can bet your sweet bippy that once they discover that their precious pro-tool is being misused by those who don't bring enough properties to the table to be worthy of special treatment, they'll block your access in the blink of an eye. 

By the way guys, the "Pros" pay 5% commission, in comparison to our measly 3%. If you're using the multi-calendar through the Pro-tools link, do keep an eye on your payments to make sure you haven't unwittingly signed yourself for 5% service fees too! 

Jeff158
Level 10

@Susan17 

Thats all a bit doom and gloom.

The only way to previously get the multicalender was though the professional hosting tools link. Instead we now have an endorsed by airbnb link to the multicalender/pro-tools, directly in our account settings which I see as an improvement.

Anyone with multiple listings is not an amateur host, your in business, and I think this move is to get hosts to register as business users. Available on the settings page for setting up the professional hosting tools, is the link to comply with regulations as a business user, which is a legal requirement. I'm registered as a business user and i've had no problems with the multicalender with only 2 listings.

I was also under the impression the 5% commission is payable when pro's use the superstrict policy and get payouts prior to checkin, although this was just chatter I heard