My Dinosaur Is a Service Animal

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

My Dinosaur Is a Service Animal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=13&v=N7HFXgyTya0

Seemed somehow appropriate taking into account recent discussions.

David
13 Replies 13

@David126ABB should require mandatory viewing of this video for all guests. 🙂

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Hahaha. Good one David. Tasmanian Devil comes to mind also.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@David126 @Jessica-and-Henry0 @Fred13

David, I am absolutely sure they are the couple that turned up here a year ago, Dino ate our Jetti boy before they put the key in the door, and I can't impress enough on you how attached this guy was to this 'service companion' of his. Each time he handled it, to show me how placid it was he had this electronic prod that sounded like Darth Vaders light sabre when he turned it on, and this crazy Dino just sat there quivering because it knew what was coming.

I complained to CS, and I have to say they were constructive in an auditory sense! They thoroughly investigated, including requiring such things as the weight of the 'service animal', the speed of the 'service animal', the size of the 'service animal's' teeth....

And after a completely exhaustive investigation felt, the 'service animal' came within the Airbnb guidelines for a 'servicve animal'!!!

Jeez David, you never cease to amaze me with the accuracy of your commentary.

Cheers.....Rob 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@David126

Running the facility that you do David, I do particulary like this one and I thought you might too...I believe Gordon Ramsay has taken on Superhost training!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orXUZ1PNKM8

Cheers......Rob

@Robin4

Well I see myslef more as Basil Fawlty than a Gordon vicitim, however I do know 2 people who could sort of fit into that Pot friendly mold. And I have had to let people go who were totally stoned. But that is as they say is another story.

I like the odd beer but that ususally involves heading out to the local ish Brew Pub, sadly they do not allow my ESA to come in. Will be shortly be going into my dry period, busiest in the summer so will be waiting in for Guests to arrive.

David

@David126 

"A room with a view"

Basil encounters the ferocious Mrs Richards, who is not entirely happy with her room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcliR8kAbzc

@Ange2

I have had a few incidents like that, have been asked a few times if I am the caretake/custodian whatever?

Wonder how Basil would do with the AirBnB review system?

David

@David126  Cleese had a company that made training videos, which are hilarious, "how not to answer the phone", "how not to speak to customers" etc. 

Airbnb could definitely do with a bit of levity.

@Ange2

I think they have watched the how not to answer the phone one.

David
Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

@David126 That about sums it up. Perhaps this video will be featured at the next Airbnb Q & A. I won't hold my breath though. 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Speaking of 'service dogs', the neighboring island had a guest with supposedly one of such dogs, and the now "savage animal" (before he was adorable), ended up eating two of his flightless, wing-clipped parrots (Riko & Coco). What a mess.

Thought you could use a laugh to go along with the Velociraptor video (and after some person tried to get a peacock on the plane):

Honeybadger.jpg