My Recent Airbnb Support Experience

Larry339
Level 10
Brant, Canada

My Recent Airbnb Support Experience

Yesterday I messaged Airbnb support advising them I was having problems with the 'performance reporting' on my listing. It was not a big issue, but I do like to see the occupancy numbers and pricing trends to help determine my listing price.

They replied promptly and told me that the problem was not on my end, but a system problem. The Airbnb support rep. said they would escalate my issue. Today, I received a phone call advising me that other hosts had reported similar experiences, and they were working on it. 

There was no definite time on the fix but advised there was nothing for me to do, and hopefully, it is corrected shortly. However, the support person said they recognize the frustration for hosts and 'for my patience' they sent a $25 travel coupon. 

I know we all have different interactions with Airbnb support and wondered what your recent experience has been?

7 Replies 7
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

Wow, I want to learn your magic!  I have heard this same “working on it” script from CS on multiple occasions, minus the $25 travel coupon!  What’s your secret?

@Pat271   I am as surprised as you are. I have no connections, no insider knowledge, no reason that comes to mind. However, @Susan17 had an interesting comment below regarding the IPO. 

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Larry339 impressive! If I got $25 voucher every time there was an issue, I could retire and just travel. But then I would no longer have issues and no more coupons. I guess I would keep just one property.

@Inna22  Like you I would like to clone my luck but I am not sure about the why?  The only thing that comes to mind is after I posted the custom link to my Airbnb listing on Facebook and Twitter they were quite happy and sent me an Airbnb Guest Book and key chain. 

However, that was unrelated to this issue and the technology performance issue I reported was nice to have not integral to my business. Don't look a gift horse.....

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

They're throwing around $25/£25/€25 vouchers like confetti at the moment, guys. Pre-IPO "marketing" spend. 

@Susan17 Fascinating observation. In that case, I hope I encounter further systems issues to report.

Lol! Ask, and you shall receive, @Larry339 😉

Back in the halcyon start-up days, it used to be €100/€200 travel coupons they were throwing around though (and sometimes Amazon vouchers of similar value too). Guess there's a lot less in the piggy-bank to go around these days.. 🙂