My Response Rate is too low!

Benjamin16
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

My Response Rate is too low!

Hi friends,

I started a hosting profile on airbnb awhile ago and was kind of feeling it out at the time. I didn't reply all the time and I was having an apartment renovated but it took forever so I didn't respond for that space. However the space is ready now and I've relisted it and have responded 100% of the time. I've had several bookings and all gave me 5 star reviews. The only thing holding me back from becoming a super host and business host is my 73% host rate. I was told when I relisted it would start new but for some reason my rate is low. I was wondering if there is a way to have my old non responses removed? Can anyone help me with this? Thanks!

Benjamin

2 Replies 2
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Benjamin16,

You will need to continue giving a 100% response rate (RR) to bring it up.  I am not sure who told you that if you relist it, you will get your 100% RR back as the RR is attached to your account and not any particular listing.  I do not think there is anyone here besides yourself who can do anything about inmproving your rating (I don't mean this in a rude or flippant way).  You could contact Airbnb and see if they are willing to help you with this.  

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Contact-Airbnb-A-How-To-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

Good luck!

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Thanks Dave, I'll try contacting Airbnb directly then. My RR is creeping up which is good... I'll reach out to them and see if they can clear up some of the old enquiries. I'm enjoying hosting now and will definitely respond 100% of the time going forward. 

Thanks for the insight!

Benjamin