My apartment is available for only two weeks in August

David1648
Level 1
Tel Aviv, Israel

My apartment is available for only two weeks in August

And I can't set this on settings.

Can you please help me block all besides these two weeks?

12 Replies 12
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

You must edit your calendar, @David1648, and block all other dates but the ones you want to rent your apartment.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

Many thanks! What I'm missing is how to do this bulk calendar action

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@David1648  You can highlight a month at a time and block the dates from now until August.  Be sure to block your calendar after August as well as your booking window will keep opening up.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Stating the obvious, just in case: highlight first day of each month and 'drag' cursor over the entire month.

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@David1648 An easy way to do this is to go to your Availability Settings and in Reservation Settings, under Booking Window, select "Dates Unavailable by Default".  This will block all dates on your calendar.  The go to the dates you want to allow reservations and unblock them.  

Hope this helps!

Yes, much better approach, considering the exception (open dates) are but a few.

Done that!

Now, sorry for so many questions, where do I set the open days (two weeks in August).

Thanks

Click on first day of the two weeks, drag cursor to last day you want open, and hit 'Available' on the right (vs. blocked).

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Clare0  In my opinion this is the only right answer. Blocking dates manually on the calender (although not limited to one month, as you can set start end ending date on the right side of the screen, blocking every choosen period at once) seems not allways be reliable. There are reports of   Airbnb make them available again, according what is set as your "scope-of-booking" (time limit within you will accept bookings in future, for example 6 months). Setting all dates blocked by default and manually make few selected dates available is preferred option.

Best regards, Emiel

@Emiel1. I only want a two month booking window, so I chose the option to make all dates unavailable and unblock dates every day or so in order to have 2 months available.  I haven't had any dates open unexpectantly, so I can't confirm or deny what you say.  My calendar has always worked perfectly for me. 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Clare Exactly, the most reliable way to manage it ! And that's why your answer on David 's question is the best solution . As you confirm: it worked perfectly for you, so it will also work for @David1648.  Best regards, Emiel

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Yes to what everyone said, @David1648, and I will add to be very careful and do a double check. I opened a new listing a few weeks ago just as an overflow for my main listing - a nearly one-shot deal. I blocked the entire calendar by default, as was offered by the system. Then I opened the two days I wanted to be bookable, and all seemed well. That was until I went back into the calendar and found the whole thing open and available via Instant Book. I'm a grizzled veteran of hosting and not easily tricked, but that was a big one. It made me suddenly sympathetic to the plaintive posts of new hosts.

So once you have opened your two weeks, sign out then back in again and check to see that everything is the way you set it. 

All the best!