My calendar blocks off the whole day on day of arrival

Sue-and-Mike1
Level 1
Groby, United Kingdom

My calendar blocks off the whole day on day of arrival

I seem to be losing a day on each booking I take through airbnb. It appears from my calendar that no one can leave on the the arrival of a new guest. It blocks the whole day off and forces other guests to leave the day before. Have I done something wrong, or is this always the case?

Mike

6 Replies 6
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Sue-and-Mike1,

It sounds like the "preparation time" setting is set to "1 day before and after".

To check this, and change it if you wish, go to the calendar for your listing and click on "Availability settings".

Then click on the "Edit" button for the "Reservation preferences" section. Check what's in the "Preparation time" box. Click and change it to "None" if you wish to be able to have guests check in on the same day that others check out.

Steve.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Sue-and-Mike1

Hi there guys.....there is nothing @Steve143 this bearded man from Ireland does not know about Airbnb!

The problem is your preparation time settings. Have a look at this screenshot! This is how you should adjust your 'Availability' settings if you wish to accept an incoming guest on the same day that a previous guest departs...

How to set .....Prep time.png

Many of my incoming guests arrive on the same day as an outgoing guest because I have allowed for it in my listing settings. 

@Sue-and-Mike1 , if you wish to see this screenshot in more detail click the magnifying glass icon you will find in the top right corner of the picture and this will reveal the shot in full detail!

Cheers......Rob

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Sue-and-Mike1@Steve143@Robin4 Hello all,,, right you are Robin, Steve has it exactly right!!! just change that setting and you are all good. AND it means you will have em leaving at your check out time and you must clean and new guest coming in a few hours. So you will have to be fairly clear about check out time and check in time......I do it and it has been working for me - Happy hosting, Clara

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Robin4 @Steve143 @Sue-and-Mike1 might be correct after all. With the new calendar roll out, allowing settings for arrival days and departure days to be set to specific days (I have Saturday - Saturday), I have to unblock Friday either end for the week to be shown as available. It only happens with the manual blocking of the calendar (I get bookings from different sources) and not with the one through airbnb.

Not tested with calendar sync as I do not have those.

Sue-and-Mike1
Level 1
Groby, United Kingdom

Thanks very much for your replies. I've checked my settings and found that I had 'None' selected. It just must be coincidence that on the three or four bookings I've had through Airbnb each new guest has selected the day before (leaving) or the day after (arriving) around a previous booking. Strange!

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Sue-and-Mike1

Take a preview of your listing and see what it looks like when you pretend to be a guest trying to book your place.  There is definitely a bug after the new rollout.