My experience contacting Airbnb

My experience contacting Airbnb

I used Twitter for a non-emergency question.  It took Airbnb almost 12 hours to respond.  

Certainly not a great SLA, but considering the urgency of my question, or rather lack thereof ultimately, I think this was acceptable.  Of course, if there had been a need for me to act immediately, this would have been a major problem, especially since the response came in the middle of the night and I didn't read it until 5 hours later.  

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Alice-and-Jeff0

A little confused about the point you are making..... you say it was 'non-urgent' so contacted Airbnb via Twitter and they responsed within 12 hours.

Surely if there was a need to contact them urgently, you would simply call them?

So what is it that you feel would be a 'major problem' ?

If you are a SuperHost calling them seems to work.

David

I wasn't complaining about the 12 hour delay, just making note that it did take a long time to get a response and to try to set an expectation level for other hosts reaching out to Airbnb for non-critical questions.  

It was a question about a guest no-show.  She "verbally" cancelled due to a family emergency and was booked for 4 nights.  I sent her the links for cancelling and how to file for Extenuation Circumstance.  After the second night, I thought, I'll just reach out and see if I need to do anything else.  So, not urgent or an emergency.  

My complaint might be that, if I had needed to do something, the timing was bad with the response coming in the middle of the night. One can assume,  if it had been urgent that I act in some way, the response would have been quicker.  

Just trying to provide some transparency about Contacting Airbnb.