Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

My first guests arrived... me happy!

Chrisje0
Level 3
Antwerp, Belgium

My first guests arrived... me happy!

Yesterday, my husband and I were nervous... Our first guests could arrive any moment and we put everything in place. Bread, ham, butter, eggs, beer, a bottle of red wine and a handwritten card to say welcome.

The three young boys arrived on time and were so friendly. They all three graduated and received a weekend in Antwerp from their parents for their great results. 

I immediately knew this was the best idea ever... to host. 

11 Replies 11
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

You have a lovely space, @Chrisje0 and these young men are lucky to have the chance to stay there.  I love the energy you are sharing in your post and wish you the very best experience in this business.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Aw this is fantastic to hear @Chrisje0, how exciting! I love the idea of a handwritten card, I am sure they felt really welcomed. 🙂 

Did you give them any nice recommendations on things to do during their stay? 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi Lizzie,

Thanks for the response.

Sure, I left a map with about 50 tips. Places were we like to eat or hang out and non-touristic (fantastic) things to see.

Round the corner there is a french fries shop of a 3-star Michelin chef... very special!

I am really surprised about the bookings coming in so soon.

Regards,

chrisje

Isabel203
Level 10
Halifax, Canada

Thanks for sharing the excitement of that first hosting experience!! We are now hosting our 9th guest and still having a great time with it, too. People have been so gracious and friendly. I'm glad wr took that leap of faith 

Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

@Chrisje0 , good for you, way to go! the idea of beer and a bottle of wine for "3 young boys" made me smile - Europeans are so much more relaxed about that stuff than Americans. still, I hope the boys were over 18.....

yes, they were over 18 🙂

I also ask them if I can post a picture of them at my Facebook account...

@Chrisje0

I know the feeling 🙂 

I am still a relatively new host - still hosting my 1st guest who stayed with me for 4 months, who will be leaving next week. I will be sad to see her go, but I'm glad I decided to start hosting. I have found that my listing is popular among exchange students, and expect I will probably have the opportunity to host many more young students who are new to my country. I look forward to the hosting experiences to come. 

A lot of the postings here talk about problems/issues people face as a host, and while this has been valuable information for me, it is also nice and refreshing to read about the positive side of hosting as well. Thank you for sharing~!!! 

Carroll1
Level 1
Dunwoody, GA

I HAVE JUST STARTED HOSTING AND HAVE ONE LOVELY GUEST WHO IS A STUDENT NURSE, I TOO WILL BE SORRY WHEN SHE LEAVES ON THE 29TH ....BUT LOOKING FORWARD TO OTHER NICE GUESTS. I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO RUN A BED AND BREAKFAST...SO HERE I AM ON A SMALLER SCALE...

Jack90
Level 6
Queensland, AU

I had the same feeling too!  Hosting can definitely be a very rewarding experience. Wish you the best of luck on Airbnb!

The-Dragons0
Level 2
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Congratulation!

I had a same feeling when a first guest booked our apartment last month. We took a lot of time to check services and facilities. Luckily, everything went smooth and we had a very friendly and nice guests.

Stefano236
Level 1
Dayton, OH

I just published my house on Airbnb. I rent only 1 ensuite bedroom to begin with. I don't have many views yet and I hope I will see my first customer soon! It's Dayton, Ohio, so not the most popular destination in the world 🙂