My guest found a mouse in the house

My guest found a mouse in the house

My guest just wrote to me that he has seen a mouse in the house. 

He only has one day left to stay but wants to relocate.

What can I do to avoid a bad review?

23 Replies 23

The air B&B we're at tonight had mouse droppings all over the stove and counters, inside the dishes. It's gross! People don't want to pay to sleep by mice! 

Vindhya1
Level 2
Niagara Falls, Canada

People forget that mice, bees, fly's mosquito's, fruit fly's, racoons and skunks are a part of the environment! 

Pete28
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Tell them it is a pet 🙂 

But seriously, atleast it's not a rat. London is ridden with rats, as are most large cities. Tell them they are getting the local experience.

Wah ! Relocate me now ! Go round the bins at the back of a 5* hotel and I imagine you will find a lot worse.

You're talking about dumpsters outside a hotel, that's quite the strawman. If you found mice *inside* the hotel rooms that would be a problem. Mice can't walk through walls, only squeeze through holes. If the building is being properly maintained then openings through which pests can enter should be nonexistent. 

even is a house, apartment is well maintained. There will be mice where there is food!

Majvie--Jane-and-Kurt0
Level 2
Agios Ioannis Afiarti, Greece

Dear Community,

We just have a problem with attack by mice.

We used traps and poison.

Also we cleaned all floors with mint oil.

Does anybody has experience using mint oil or also eucalyptus oil to keep mice away for good?

Any experience with ultrasound? Does it help?

Thank you so much for advices.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Don't know if you list an entire place or rooms in your home-if in your home, get a cat. Not some fat pampered house cat, but a tough street cat and don't feed it too much. Your rodent problem will be solved.

Jennifer1994
Level 2
Marysville, WA

I am at an air B & B and the home has mice. It's gross and they knew about the problem because there are traps here. You're worried about a bad review?? Then don't charge for a location that's infested with mice! I will be leaving a negative review about this place. We now have to go to sleep because it's night time and can't drive home tonight... I won't be sleeping well. 

@Jennifer1994 you can call airbnb and they will relocate you to another house if this is unacceptable for you. Please remember that this is a hosting forum, not Airbnb customer service