My guest still owes me money and after 5 month Airbnb has done NOTHING!!!

Daniel611
Level 2
Miami, FL

My guest still owes me money and after 5 month Airbnb has done NOTHING!!!

I'm writing this complaint here because as a SupperHost who has been hosting for more than two years now I highly believe Airbnb is unreliable and irresponsible! It's just a platform for robbery! 

They are here just to charge guests and hosts Airbnb fees but when you need their help they suddenly disappear and do NOTHING for you! I mean really NOTHING!! I have tons of documents that show they don't give a f***k about their clients when they need their help.

That's why I unlisted my property from this Airbnb and I will never ever list it here again!

This is my story in very brief:

My last guest owed me money because Airbnb miscalculated the price when he checked out! Since five months ago I contacted Airbnb support at least 10 times: 7 messages and 3 times talking on the phone. 

It looks like there is no actual human support involved and Airbnb just hired some robots to act as Airbnb support. Regarding this issue, there are many messages from me to Airbnb support that they didn't respond even one paragraph! They just left a message: "This support case is now closed."!!! Can you believe it?! They just ignored it!! Airbnb treated me like someone who blocks you on twitter because he doesn't like to hear from you!

As I said I've been a super host on Airbnb for two years. I did my best to offer best ever service to my clients. But now finally I found out I have to leave Airbnb immediately because I can not rely on it. Because as long as everything goes ok and you make money and Airbnb can earn it's commission, they love you but as soon as you need their help you can't even find them!  

You know, the truth of Airbnb Support is very simple and shameful: after sending tons of messages their response is NOTHING!! Yes, NOTHING!

4 Replies 4

@Daniel611 - sorry you feel like Airbnb has failed you.  It's unclear to me why there would be any calculation at checkout since all financial issues are a part of the booking process and you would have been able to see that in advance - either when the guest requested to book or when you got the booking confirmation.  You cannot change the price after a booking is secured, unfortunately.  Again, it's unclear to me why a pricing problem wouldn't have been noticed prior to the guest checking in. Perhaps this was a Resolution Center issue regarding the security deposit that was not resolved well? 

It sounds as if you've already decided to go elsewhere to get bookings and leave the Airbnb platform.  As a Superhost, Airbnb will definitely be sorry to see you go and it's a shame that you won't be able to use any of their services since, as you know having been around for a while, that they are generally responsive and supportive of their hosts.  Good luck on VRBO or whichever other platform you decide works better for you.  

I wish you wouldn't have judged me when you have ZERO information about what happened to me as you said:"It's unclear to me ....". 

My guest booked my property for two months. But after 26 days he suddenly changed his plan and asked me to accept his cancelation and not to charge him for the rest of his booked stay,  since my cancelation was strict.

Typically I could have charged him $1500 for the second month but I just kindly accepted his request and ended his stay on the 27th day of the first months. In fact, I did him a favor not charging him $1500.

After that I received an email from Airbnb which said my guest still owes me something $200 just because his stay is less than 1 month and is not covering my 25% monthly discount. 

Since then I contacted Airbnb support. They didn't respond most of my messages. The just sent me 2-3 response and said I'm right. Last time 2 month ago they called me several times, they apologized and said the guest just paid the difference and I'll see it in my account in a few days.

After that, they answered none of my messages. In response to my messages, they just left a message: "This support case is now closed."!!!

I know $200 is not a big amount of money but this story shoes how Airbnb is unreliable and irresponsible. After 5 months the only thing Airbnb did was ignoring me. Fortunately, I have everything in writing documents: My messages, Their messages, Their response, How they ignored me .... 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Hard to appreciate what the issue is from: "My last guest owed me money because Airbnb miscalculated the price when he checked out!".

At present, you are so dissapointed (and angry) a continuing relationship with Airbnb certainly won't work.

Good luck with your next 'booking agency' , fundamentally all Airbnb and every one of the others are.

My name is Paul, I'm a host and a victim on Airbnb too. I had a guest, she booked a room on April 20, 2020, for 7 days, after 6 days she extended her booking on Airbnb platform, and she extended again after another couple of days. I received these requests from Airbnb and approved the bookings, everything looked normal in my app and computer. But when I checked my money transaction a couple of days later, I found that I only received the money of this guest's first reservation, the money of her extended bookings was more than $640 and it did not show in my account. I had called Airbnb for more than 12 times in the past 2 months, they said it's a computer system issue, they didn't successfully charge that guest for her extended reservation, they will call me back to resolve the problem, but they never did.
The story was not ended yet and a new story came. Another guest booked a room on June 3, 2020, he canceled it when he arrived, he was outside my house, he canceled it before he walked in. Airbnb called me for this cancellation, I could keep all the money because the guest canceled it in the check-in day. I told the Airbnb agent that I just want to keep one-day money and refund the guest the rest at first, after 2 hours I changed my mind and called Airbnb to give the guest a full refund. When I checked my transaction process 3 days later, I found another tragedy, Airbnb charged me about $89 for this cancellation, I had to call Airbnb again and asked them what the $89 was. They said it's a computer mistake again, and they will refund me soon. But what I got is NOTHING, I called Airbnb for another 6 more times for this new issue in the past one and half months, every time they said they will escalate the case and refund me, but they never did!
Should I call the police or where can I complain to? Or should I ask for a lawyer?