My guests bought me a birthday gift!

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

My guests bought me a birthday gift!

Since most of my posts criticize my guests, I just have to share this. On Friday I had a group checking in and we have gone back and forth about me meeting them in person. They were arriving on the late side and I told them that it was actually my birthday so I was hoping to be with my kids by that hour. After they check out, they left me a card and a bottle of wine. They have actually gone out, bought a card for me and each one of them signed it with a lovely message!! I almost cried. For them to take a pause in their vacation and to think of another human for no other reason but to be nice. That's a lesson to me to try to do the same more often. I will keep that card and look at it every time I have a bad guest to remind me why I should keep going.

25 Replies 25
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

I'm a Libra  too! Happy birthday inna! And that's a lovely name, go for it @Sarah977 .

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

Happy birthday to all you lovely Librans @Inna22 @Sandra126 @Susan151 @Sarah977 and @Sarah's new granddaughter (can't tag that last one for some reason :)). Thanks for sharing that lovely story, Inna - this is why we keep going, for all the wonderful people out there 🙂

Thank you, @Kath9 . 3 daughters, 5 granddaughters, one grandson. That XX chromosome combo lives large in my offspring 🙂

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Kath9 , try inna23!

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

Love this story, @Inna22!  I think we all needed this reminder about all the good people - and good guests - in the world as much as you did.  Happy belated birthday!

Cool , that’s so sweet, happy birthday 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Happy Birthday @Inna22  and all you Libra ladies.

Yes it used to be a common place thing within Homestay Hosting of language students to bring a gift from their own country. they do however end up taking up quite a bit of space when they all add up as guests if you have them only short term.

It's always nice to share one's birthday with others.

Looking fwd to our local Supermarket having there annual Christmas Celebration Party for us customers on my birthday again this year!!

It's the biggest local party and a group of us who have our birthdays that week usually meet up and have a drink together!!

They shift the fruit and vegetables away from where they usually are, have the wine, champagne, sake and liquor suppliers with there products around the store and fully laid on with food, dancing in the aisles and catch up time with others who celebrate their birthdays the same week.

A fun night for all and a long standing joke between the store owner & myself that he puts on my birthday party each year.

that sounds like super fun birthday party! And you do not have to do any cleaning up

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

It sure is @Inna22 

That's one thing I love about it however been the way I am I always help staff tidy up...sometimes even get some leftovers to take home...

Miss the Billecart-Salmon Champagne suppliers though as they haven't been there the last 2 years..so have had to compromise on my birthday champagne!!

The girls at Soho Wines always are great to catch up with and we always have a laugh and bonded over my wearing a belt on my jeans with 'Soho' as the buckle...hand in glove promotions..

Kira32
Level 10
Canary Islands, Spain

That's so cute @Inna22 happy  BDay.

I got a bottle of real champagne  but I don't drink and I wish they could give me some chocolates instead.

Ofcourse I didn't say anything and made a very good friend very  happy with the bottle of bubbles on her birthday.  

Kira

John3049
Level 7
Mississauga, CA

That’s so sweet of them.