My house got Robbed

Hadrian1
Level 7
Los Angeles, CA

My house got Robbed

Hi, my house was robbed by an Airbnb guest. The representative that currently handling my resolution was ignorant and cold. Paris has never even bothered to call me, express sympathy, etc. I have tried to reach Paris. I asked Paris a question which Paris never responded. Can I have someone else to help me, please? I need Airbnb to share this guest information to the police department. It is very sad how Paris behave. Paris' action clearly shows that Paris does not care about the host. Can someone else from Airbnb contact me? Paris decided to on his email he simply will not respond to my inquiry anymore.

14 Replies 14
Ava30
Level 10
Eureka, CA

Call again and speak to a new representative, ask for a supervisor. You can also go on social media, Facebook and Twitter seem to get responses fairly quickly. Sorry this happened to you, good luck!

Eugenia35
Level 2
Bahía de Kino, Mexico

Hi!

Did they help you?

My guest also robbed the ENTIRE appartment! I unlisted from airbnb but decided to reopen since Airbnb was very polite handling the situation, Try contact them again! 

🙂

regards,

Eugenia.

@Eugenia35  @Hadrian1   OMG...

I need to add "NO robbing the apartment" to my looooooong list of house rules :-0

I was robbed 3 times, but I was also reimbursed 2 of the 3 because I had so many new pictures.

My house was rented and robbed 

they rent it for 2 days and took almost evergthing

was so terrible

abd still waiting for Airbnb response

dont know what to do

its a lot of money

Hi did your case ever get resolved do you have any advice we just had our home robbed also here in sunrise Florida 

Laylee0
Level 6
Gateshead, United Kingdom

Oh my god this is horrific. I feel so bad for all of you! I agree with @Ava30 @take to social media, once the public find out about it airbnb will be quick to respond because their reputation is on the line. Most of the reps I’ve spoken to are cold and disinterested so I think that’s just the way they are, so I agree, ask to speak to a senior member of staff instead (though even they can be slack). Good luck! Let us know how it goes! 

Pete69
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

Just curious... Was this a same day booking? A one-night stay?

And was this your $70 a night stay? Unfortunately having that low of a price will attract bad apples.

How much is your security deposit? Hopefully at least $200.

Nina75
Level 10
LA, CA

Join the club, Ive been robbed 3 times... its not as common now as it was in the early days of AirBnb.

Nina75
Level 10
LA, CA

GUYS!!!!!!  ROBBERIES ARE VERY TIME SENSITIVE!!

1.) MAKE A LIST OF EVERYTHING THAT WAS TAKEN.
2.) GET RECEIPTS or GET PRICES TO REPLACE.
3.) SEND PICTURES!!! SEND PICTURES!! SEND PICTURES!!!!

4.) FILE A POLICE REPORT.

5.) SEND THIS INFO TO AIRBNB WITHIN THE 1ST 1, 2 OR 3 DAYS.

6.) FILE A SECURITY DEPOSIT / DAMAGE DEPOSIT CLAIM WITH THE AIRBNB GUEST -  DO THIS 1ST***

7.) THEN FILE A INSURANCE CLAIM WITH AIRBNB.( THEY ARE NOT TRYING TO PAYOUT THE INSURANCE SO YOU HAVE TO BE DETAILED AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS.)

8.) CALL THE 415-LOCAL AIRBNB NUMBER, DO NOT CALL THE 800 NUMBER ITS INTERNATIONAL AND IT WILL DUMP YOU IN A DIFFERENT COUNTRY. tHE 415 NUMBER WILL PUT YOU IN SAN FRANCISCO OR TENNESSEE. 
8.) CALL EVERY DAY!!!
9.) CALL AGAIN!!!

10.) GET SECURITY CAMERAS ON THE OUTSIDE. MEET YOUR GUESTS!

ITS VERY VERY CRUCIAL THAT YOU BE AS DETAILED AS POSSIBLE.

I WAS REIMBURSED TWICE... ONCE I WAS NOT REIMBURSED BECAUSE THEY SAID THAT I DIDNT RESPOND FAST ENOUGH.

Hi Guys My Property was robbed aswel.

they broke the tv, broke the cupboard locks...

even used my kitchen scissors to cut lock hinges out from the door.

stole shoes, glasses, my work hardrives, drills, wifi modem with the simcard so much more.

its a very traumatizing thing.

Just so sad to talk to people face to face, invite them to your home and have them rob you.

the person that robbed me is still on facebook , still posting up things.

I have not contacted him at all.

just hurtful been a good person and constantly been disrespected.

people take kindness as weakness.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

So sad to hear this. What were this guests previous reviews like? Did they have photo ID verified? @Spencer178 

Obviously submit an application under the Airbnb guarantee for all costs of the items stolen and damaged - submitting the police report you would have got when your reported this to the police and date stamped photos/video of damage.  Have a look at the information on the Airbnb Help Centre about the host guarantee so you submit a claim in line with their terms and conditions.

Hi @Helen3  The profile of the person is still Active on Facebook Currently

I have my home on airbnb for just over a month and this happened.

They stole my hard drives/phones with memories that I've had stored as a back up. I guess that's the worse thing that happened.

Material possessions can be bought again

I would never wish this on anybody.

Once this case is over. I will reveal them over social media. He has a small child that he flew down to my place to use.

What kind of parent would be this way. What example does he set?

Truly heartbreaking! 

I JUST HAD THIS HAPPEN RIGHT NOW TO ME. TWO GUYS CAME INTO MY HOME, THEY WERE BOOKED, FOR 11 DAYS. I ONLY RENT MY ROOM NOTHING ELSE, I ASKED THE GUY YOU DONT EVEN LOOK LIKE GUY ON PIC HE SAID I LOST WEIGHT.. BULL CRAP... THEN ABOUT AN HOUR INTO THE RENTAL I GET A MESSAGE FROM AIRBNB THAT GUEST CANCELED RESERVATION .. IM LIKE WTF DUDES ARE UPSTAIRS IN THE **bleep** SHOWER WHAT YOU MEAN CANCELED... SO WHEN I GOT THEM OUT THE SHOWER THEY LAUGHED AND BY THE TIME I GOT DONE CALLING POLICE THEY WERE NOT ONLY DONE ROBBING ME THEY DESTROYED MY WALLS, MY BATHROOM THEY EVEN STOLE THE TOWELS AND SOAP AND SHAMPOO PACKED IT IN A HUGE SUITCASE WIHT MY TELEVISION WHICH I ONLY JUST BOUGHT THE OTHER DAY.. I AM SHAKING STILL I WAS SCARED AND ANGRY I DONT KNOW WHAT EMOTION HIT FIRST... I AM NOT TOLERATING IT I AM GOING TO THE NEWS STATIONS BECAUSE IF AIRBNB IS NOT GOING TO SUPPORT ITS HOSTS THEN IT NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN.. SERIOUSLY NO HOSTS NO MONEY AIRBNB DUMB MORONS. THERE IS NO REASON WHY AIRBNB WOULD NOT PROTECT ITS HOSTS YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR MIND IF YOU THINK I AM GOING TO TAKE THIS LAYING DOWN.. I JUST CALLED FOX NEWS AND IN THE TIME IT TOOK TO WRITE THIS POST I GOT A CALL BACK ALREADY I AM READY FOR WAR