My house got Robbed

in
Los Angeles, CA
Level 7

Hi, my house was robbed by an Airbnb guest. The representative that currently handling my resolution was ignorant and cold. Paris has never even bothered to call me, express sympathy, etc. I have tried to reach Paris. I asked Paris a question which Paris never responded. Can I have someone else to help me, please? I need Airbnb to share this guest information to the police department. It is very sad how Paris behave. Paris' action clearly shows that Paris does not care about the host. Can someone else from Airbnb contact me? Paris decided to on his email he simply will not respond to my inquiry anymore.

10 Replies

Re: My house got Robbed

in
Eureka, CA
Level 10

Call again and speak to a new representative, ask for a supervisor. You can also go on social media, Facebook and Twitter seem to get responses fairly quickly. Sorry this happened to you, good luck!

in
Bahía de Kino, Mexico
Level 2

Hi!

Did they help you?

My guest also robbed the ENTIRE appartment! I unlisted from airbnb but decided to reopen since Airbnb was very polite handling the situation, Try contact them again! 

🙂

regards,

Eugenia.

in
New York, NY
Level 10

@Eugenia35  @Hadrian1   OMG...

I need to add "NO robbing the apartment" to my looooooong list of house rules :-0

in
LA, CA
Level 10

I was robbed 3 times, but I was also reimbursed 2 of the 3 because I had so many new pictures.

in
Miami, FL
Level 2

My house was rented and robbed 

they rent it for 2 days and took almost evergthing

was so terrible

abd still waiting for Airbnb response

dont know what to do

its a lot of money

in
Boca Raton, FL
Level 1

Hi did your case ever get resolved do you have any advice we just had our home robbed also here in sunrise Florida 

in
Gateshead, United Kingdom
Level 6

Oh my god this is horrific. I feel so bad for all of you! I agree with @Ava30 @take to social media, once the public find out about it airbnb will be quick to respond because their reputation is on the line. Most of the reps I’ve spoken to are cold and disinterested so I think that’s just the way they are, so I agree, ask to speak to a senior member of staff instead (though even they can be slack). Good luck! Let us know how it goes! 

in
Los Angeles, CA
Level 10

Just curious... Was this a same day booking? A one-night stay?

And was this your $70 a night stay? Unfortunately having that low of a price will attract bad apples.

How much is your security deposit? Hopefully at least $200.

in
LA, CA
Level 10

Join the club, Ive been robbed 3 times... its not as common now as it was in the early days of AirBnb.

in
LA, CA
Level 10

GUYS!!!!!!  ROBBERIES ARE VERY TIME SENSITIVE!!

1.) MAKE A LIST OF EVERYTHING THAT WAS TAKEN.
2.) GET RECEIPTS or GET PRICES TO REPLACE.
3.) SEND PICTURES!!! SEND PICTURES!! SEND PICTURES!!!!

4.) FILE A POLICE REPORT.

5.) SEND THIS INFO TO AIRBNB WITHIN THE 1ST 1, 2 OR 3 DAYS.

6.) FILE A SECURITY DEPOSIT / DAMAGE DEPOSIT CLAIM WITH THE AIRBNB GUEST -  DO THIS 1ST***

7.) THEN FILE A INSURANCE CLAIM WITH AIRBNB.( THEY ARE NOT TRYING TO PAYOUT THE INSURANCE SO YOU HAVE TO BE DETAILED AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS.)

8.) CALL THE 415-LOCAL AIRBNB NUMBER, DO NOT CALL THE 800 NUMBER ITS INTERNATIONAL AND IT WILL DUMP YOU IN A DIFFERENT COUNTRY. tHE 415 NUMBER WILL PUT YOU IN SAN FRANCISCO OR TENNESSEE. 
8.) CALL EVERY DAY!!!
9.) CALL AGAIN!!!

10.) GET SECURITY CAMERAS ON THE OUTSIDE. MEET YOUR GUESTS!

ITS VERY VERY CRUCIAL THAT YOU BE AS DETAILED AS POSSIBLE.

I WAS REIMBURSED TWICE... ONCE I WAS NOT REIMBURSED BECAUSE THEY SAID THAT I DIDNT RESPOND FAST ENOUGH.