My listing doesn't appear when I search for my town yet it shows as "listed'

Answered!
Isobelle0
Level 2
Kawakawa, New Zealand

My listing doesn't appear when I search for my town yet it shows as "listed'

Same here. The listing does not appear at all. No changes made. We do have a couple of guest arriving in the next couple of weeks. Although we have availability from end of March onwards our listing does not show.

Assumption: We have 2 bookings in the next 2 weeks and as a result we do not appear in the search result until some time after the last guest has left. As said, this is an assumption - has anyone experienced something similar?

https://www.airbnb.co.nz/rooms/11364503

2 Best Answers

Hello @Isobelle0,

I searched on a chrome browser without any dates, just selected number of guests = 3. Your lisitng appears in the 1st position 🙂

Try adding filters, you should be able to see it as well. Guests mostly search with filters.

Hope that helps 🙂

Jeet

View Best Answer in original post

Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

The ranking algorithm uses a variety of factors, so there's no way to determine where a particular listing will show up. Others mention it's based on the browser, which is not really true. It's more based on the cookies and other information, which is based on the user's history for that browser on that computer. You can see the difference by doing a search while logging in in normal mode. Then do the exact same search using private/incognito mode on your browser without logging into the site. The range of dates and other filters also impact which sites are shown. Of course, there is a good deal of randomization as well, so that each property in a given rank will be seen by approximately the same number of eyeballs. The algorithm can use lots of information...does a listing have "holes" in the calendar that need to be filled? Does the potential guest tend to click on listings with warm colors, or cool colors on the main photo (warm colors get more clicks by the way). Has the guest previously stayed in similar listings? Etc. There are hundreds or thousands of data points that can go into the algorithm.

View Best Answer in original post

61 Replies 61
Momi0
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

@Isobelle0 I want you to know that I went through that at the beginning and i have learned from others that it truly does matter which browser you use and what computer.  When I look for my listing on my AIR MAC using Safari, its non existence, however, when I search on my daughters DELL lap top, my listing comes up using FireFox and Explorer.  Everyone is going to get something different because Airbnb website works best through Google Chrome.  After you experiment with other browsers and search engines you will discover that nothing looks the same, and that includes searches thru the Mobile App.  Hope this helped you.    Welcome to Airbnb and hosting 🙂

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

Isobelle0
Level 2
Kawakawa, New Zealand

Hi Momi. Thank you for your answer. Very helpful.

Hello @Isobelle0,

I searched on a chrome browser without any dates, just selected number of guests = 3. Your lisitng appears in the 1st position 🙂

Try adding filters, you should be able to see it as well. Guests mostly search with filters.

Hope that helps 🙂

Jeet

Isobelle0
Level 2
Kawakawa, New Zealand

Hi Jeet. Thank you for coming back to me.

Jeet

Ive tried two different computers and different browsers. There is a green dot next to listed....  I've tried to add a snooze date and then to delete it. My listing is still not showing up. Whats very strange is that its effecting January and Febuary, but Ive gotten bookings for March

Reading other comments there seems to be a glitch?  Where do I go to contact Airbnb to fix the glitch?

I have been complaining to Airbnb about the same problem since Nov 2016. My listing only appears if someone does a search from a computer. It does not come up when people search from an iPhone, iPad or any other mobile device. My enquiries have dropped right off. Previously I had lots of enquiries, but not anymore.

Maybe you need to also contact Airbnb, so they know other people are having the same issue.

Hi Pia, 

Do you know how can i contact them directly? I've a similar problem and also not finding a solution..

Thank u

Hi Pia,  how did you contact Airbnb?
I am having this problem and a "fellow host and support service lady" was not able to fix it at all - Is there a direct line for better and actual "tech" people?  How did you get in touch with them?
Many thanks!!
Ester

Hello I have the same problem now and when I make a research on my area it adverts no flats available to rent and mine is .Help! It is Roland garros and should have reservations Plus I have à private garden for summer days quite rare in paris and paris really close surbubs(île de France)

Thanks in advance 

my lasts comments are 5*****

Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

The ranking algorithm uses a variety of factors, so there's no way to determine where a particular listing will show up. Others mention it's based on the browser, which is not really true. It's more based on the cookies and other information, which is based on the user's history for that browser on that computer. You can see the difference by doing a search while logging in in normal mode. Then do the exact same search using private/incognito mode on your browser without logging into the site. The range of dates and other filters also impact which sites are shown. Of course, there is a good deal of randomization as well, so that each property in a given rank will be seen by approximately the same number of eyeballs. The algorithm can use lots of information...does a listing have "holes" in the calendar that need to be filled? Does the potential guest tend to click on listings with warm colors, or cool colors on the main photo (warm colors get more clicks by the way). Has the guest previously stayed in similar listings? Etc. There are hundreds or thousands of data points that can go into the algorithm.

Hi Guys. Thank you for the insight.

Based on what you're saying, this airbnb is total bull**it. I just want to advertise my listing; I don't want to be 'ranked' at how well I chose my color scheme or if I didn't smile at guests enough or bake them cookies. My listing is clean, quiet, in a great location, and I prefer to let people (not some computer geeks somewhere) decide whether or not my listing merits including in a search. I'm going back to craigslist!! 

Try smiling more.  You could get better ratings and more customers

I have the same problem with two different listings - although when I sign in it indicates that both properties are listed - and yet all my other properties advertised with them do appear only two do not reflect in guest searches.

There does not seem to be any link to AirBnB customer support to assist ????

Thanks Dee