My listing has disappeared

My listing has disappeared

Having updated my calendar I logged out of my airbnb account to double-check that all the changes I had made had been confirmed.  I searched airbnb and  I was extremely surprised to find that my listing does not appear at all on airbnb. No listing. No presence on the map feature.  It has dispapeared.  I then attempted to 'contact' airbnb - this was impossible!  Lists and lists and lists of Help Centre questions that did not answer my speciifc enquiry - making it less of  a Help Centre and more a frustartion that I could do without.  Why has my listing disappeared?  It shouldn't be that difficult to find this information out as a host - should it?

When I logged back into my account it states that my listing is live and confirms the changes I made to my calendar.  I waited several hours before searching airbnb again - still no listing?  What is happenning?  Apartments closer to mine and more expenise than mine are clealry visible. 

Can anyone help?  Airbnb hasn't.

Thanks,

G

15 Replies 15
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Barranco0

You are listed but I had to zoom in to find it

Untitled4.jpg

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for doing this.  It is extremely kind of you.

I tried zooming and couldn't find a thing.  I still can't?  I have tried different laptops, tablet and phones.  I even cleared all cached data in all devices.  Still no visible listing.  I guess I can be a little assured that someone, if they are as diligent as your good self, may find the apartment.

My dashboard states that it is visible but the lack of enquiries speaks volumes. I haven't gone this long without an enquiry since I began listing.

Again, thank you!

Regards,

G

@Barranco0 Hello, your listing is open and lovely and running HOWEVER, your calendar is only showing that you have 4 days free each month .........If you arent fully booked......check out your calendar. If there are no free days OF COURSE no one is booking or even looking to book. 

I have to add a thought Barranco.......

I don't understand why you wrote that long rebuke on your listing to a guest that wrote in another language. No one is gonna translate it and yet you wrote out clearly all the multiple things ( which I guess he privately wrote you or spoke to you)  for everyone to see and also somewhat defensively.  I see he must have given low stars - but, I think you might rethink in the future before writing all that because folks will read HOW you respond and that will affect bookings - just my thoughts. 

It caught my eye when looking at your listing.

All the best and Happy Hosting, Clara

Hello @Clara116,

@Barranco0seems to have set check-in only on Saturdays and a minimum of 7 nights' stay. In that case the blocked calendar dates just indicate that check-in is not possible on any other day.

It's misleading as, usually, a blocked date means that no one can stay through that date either, but they can in this case.

If you try with, say, check-in on Saturday the 5th of May and checkout on Monday the 14th you'll see that it's possible to book those dates.

Steve.

@Steve143 thanks I have never seen such and it was desceptive and confusing. I appreciate you explaning that. Best and happy hosting, Clara

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Barranco0  Hey, I translated their one line review and it reads:   One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View.

where did they write a bad review???? now I am really curious.

Best, Clara

Hi Clara and David,

Thank you for taking the time to respond.  It is genuinely appreciated.

The apartment, it seems, is visible to potential clients - but not when I search for it, hmmm ...

My calendar also shows all dates available per month (more than 4) so perhaps there is a glitch in the airbnb platform?  Thank you for noticing this and for taking the time to let me know. 

I just wish there was a way that I could speak directly with someone from airbnb as there are now 2 issues: visibilty and availablity.

Our detailed response was in response to visible feedback the client had left.  I understand Finnish and the comments in no way reflected the facilities available at our apartment.  Following this negativity we felt it important to let other potential clients know that we take great care of our guests and our apartment. I appreciate we all respond in different ways however we felt this appropriate as a good deal of our rental clientele (not just on airbnb) is from Scandanavia. Had we been contacted - we personally  ask clients to do this - any issues could have been resolved.

Again, thank you.

Regards,

G

@Barranco0Hey I am so curious where did they leave negative review???  Best, Clara

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Barranco0,

You have instant book and if you require government ID or recommendations from other hosts you must be logged in and have those requirements yourself or you'll not see your own listing.

I can find your listing when logged in as I have both of those, but when I log out your listing disappears.

That's because, when someone searches while logged out, Airbnb has no way to tell whether they satisfy the conditions.

Steve.

Thanks for that info @Steve143. I recently had a similar issue. But the logic to not display the listing when not logged in seems odd in that it prevents a would-be guest from locating the listing & submitting a booking request in lieu of an instant booking - neither of which are possible until login anyway

Hi Steve,

Thank you so much for this.  I will check this out asap.  If this is this issue I'll updae this post.

Regards,

Gary

Hi Steve,

Thank you so much for such practical guidance to the issue that I raised and also the availability issue raised by Clara and David.  Your assistance is very much appreciated.

I have now checked and I have provided Government ID but do not have recommendations from other hosts.  Myabe this is the issue?  I honestly don't know. 

Everything was working fine until just a few days ago - when I noticed that views had dropped significantly.

I understand that other comments to this post have made suggestions re: a detailed response we provided could be the problem.  However, while it could be argued that this could potentially affect bookings it would not, in any way I can determine, affect views or visibility of the listing.

I'll have a think over the weekend about possible next steps.

Again, thank you for taking the time to offer practical guidance.

Regards,

G

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Barranco0

You have a public lengthy response to a private feedback given by some Finnish guests.  That is the main reason you do not get any inquiries.

The response reveals all the hidden issues there may be with the property on offer and any potential guest reading that would move on to other offers even if they have to pay a little more.

They may also have given private feedback to airbnb resulting in your listing being pushed down in the search results.

I was about to say thing, you two saved me the trouble. #1 Lesson in hosting - before typing/posting  anything, sleep on it. #2 Beware of unnecessary confrontations with guests, by getting upset over small things, not worth it..