My listing was changed to 0 beds unexpectedly

My listing was changed to 0 beds unexpectedly

Hello!

I was previewing my listing when I noticed it said "0 beds". (We have 2 beds).

While editing the listing back to 2 beds, I also noticed that one bedroom now claimed to have an attached, private bathroom (it does not).

I made no recent edits to the listing, so I imagine it was some sort of system anomaly that might have occurred during one of the times Airbnb makes small changes to the data model.

While I don't think this is a widespread problem, I just wanted to point this out so that hosts might know to double-check their listings from time to time.

15 Replies 15
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Matthew285   Thanks for heads-up. There was another post today by a gal who said her guest showed up with the breakfast provided amenity listed on his confirmation, but she never checked that amenity (has been hosting for 2 years, so not a newbie error).

Maybe it was your punishment for cancelling that Plus appointment?

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

@Matthew285 I also have had some weird things happening with my listings. I have two listings that are currently UNLISTED. They have ALWAYS been on 'Instant Book', even in their unlisted state. A couple of weeks ago, I get an ABB email notifcation saying 'You've turned Instant Booking on!" Huh??? I checked, and my listing was still unlisted, and Instant Booking was still on. Then last week, the same thing happened with my second unlisted listing. Very odd.

Sometimes I imagine that there is a little virtual gremlin that flies and flits about amongst the software coding and algorithms and creates mischief to induce havoc and stress amongst us users. At this point, this is as good an explanation as any!

In your case, perhaps there is an alternate reality playing out in a parallel ABB Universe, and in this reality your listing is morphing into 'Plus', so now you have a private bathroom. 

In the meantime, I will go check all my listings to see how many beds are left!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Matthew285  has one of those "unique" listings with a private bathroom but no beds 🙂 Just a matter of finding the right guest who's looking for that.

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

@Matthew285 and @Rebecca181, I know this is basic stuff for you, but you checked your login history in Security, right?

@Lawrene0 I actually checked my Change History; it was changed on April 5 at 12:40 pm to zero bedrooms. I suspect it was one of the automated services I use going rogue for a moment.

I think I had better disconnect the one I am not using actively. That will narrow things down.

@Lawrene0 Yes, and I check my logins daily now; too many reports of accounts being 'compromised' to not do so. I appreciate your thinking of this, though. The entire thing is bizarre; like my unlisted listings are living some secret life I am not aware of, turning their Instant Book setting on and off and doing who knows what else - Hopefully they are not out drinking and carousing, too!

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

I thought "change history"? We have a change history? So I went to Help, and found this, @Matthew285. Is this how you checked your change history or is it somewhere else?  https://www.airbnb.com/review_your_account

@Lawrene0, no it is something different. It is really only easy to access if you have a co-host.

Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 5.07.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 5.07.42 PM.png

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Ah! Thanks, @Matthew285. No co-hosts here. I'd never be able to talk anyone into it. 🙂

What does a co host do exactly. 

Yvonne143
Level 2
Mississauga, Canada

What’s a level 10

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Yvonne143   The levels 1-10 on the profiles here are basically nothing- they just refer to the number of times users have left comments on this forum. I guess it's one of those things designed to bolster our self-esteem.

@Sarah977 There you go, popping my bubble again. All this time I thought 'Level 10' meant I had obtained some pristine state of high awareness. I was just about to call the Dalai Lama to see if he wanted to hang out with me sometime. Guess I won't do that now (that certainly would have been embarassing!)

@Rebecca181  I bet the Dalai Lama would really enjoy hanging out with you. He probably gets bored hanging out with all those majorly spiritual types.