Why was my listings Suddenly became unlisted?

Answered!
Rolando44
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Why was my listings Suddenly became unlisted?

Does anyone had same thing that the listings are unlisted automatically? It keeps happening like 3 times so far I didn’t set any setting snooze or unlisted at all. One day, even reservation was cancelled without knowing myself I was in big trouble because of that. I checked login history I don’t see something suspicious activity.

Any opinion will help us a lot. 

1 Best Answer
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Nelson253 ,

I've just been in touch with CS about your listing and the reason it was removed was because it was thought to be a test. Specifically, all/most pictures uploaded for the listing were exterior shots or environment/nature shots. I've been advised to let you know that when you try relisting again, include lots of interior shots of your property. 

Hope that helps,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

View Best Answer in original post

21 Replies 21
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Rolando44

Did it happen 3x in a row? Like it was unlisted, then you made entirely new listing and it was immediately unlisted again?

Was it unlisted or just snoozed so you activated it again?

Rolando44
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

@Branka-and-Silvia0Not really it happened to same listing I didn’t snooze or unlisted ever and out of nowhere it changed by itself. Happened like last month 3days ago and today. 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Rolando44

hm... so it snoozed by itself?  3 times? this is odd... all of your reviews are great.... I have no idea...

Rolando44
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

@Branka-and-Silvia0 I just changed my password. If it happens again may be I will need a new account. Have no clue why this is happening. Thank you for reply!!

Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

@Rolando44 It’s most likely the text in your images. Airbnb automatically scans images for text and their bot removes listings that have (what their bot thinks) is text messages. It doesn’t always happen but you could try removing the pictures of that pillow saying “Be Our Guest”.

Thats all I can think of....

Actually, there is some discussion online about third party websites linked to your account being the cause sometimes (someone mentions Nightbridge but it could be any I guess). Maybe go through those or disconnect them from your AirBnb and see if it helps.

@Ben551 Yeah that makes more sense!! I talked to one of airbnb agent they didn’t tell us about this... What’s wrong about the pillow case anyway ? It’s ridiculous. But  I appreciate your help. Thank you for helping me. You have a wonderful weekend. 

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Ben551, I have had a header pic with text for many years, since the time they removed all the listing titles creating a totally anonymous search. That was the same time they removed host pics (years ago). I needed to make it personal again and that was the only way I saw how. Listing titles are back again but I never removed the text from my header. Hasn't hurt me.

Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

@Sandra126 Yeah there is definitely no consistency about it. I have text in my images too. I wondered if it’s detecting certain words like “guests” or... ???

Cindy523
Level 2
Pensacola, FL

This has happened to me. Twice today my listings unlisted themselves. I checked my photos and there are none with phrases or words. I've changed my password. I spoke to AirBNB twice, they couldn't tell me anything that would explain this. 

Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

@Cindy523 Have you checked the status of your hosting requirements? I would first check you “basic requirements” and see that you exceed them.

@Ben551 Hi Ben, Thank you for your suggestion. I believe I am good on that. It was so weird. I changed my password last night and it has not happened since. Hopefully, I won't have this problem again. Thank goodness one of my scheduled guests caught this and brought it to my attention. I got two new bookings last night that I would not have gotten if my property had been unlisted without my knowledge! Thanks again from Pensacola Beach, Florida!

Priya31
Level 2
California, United States

Same problem here.  All my listing became unlisted and nobody at Airbnb can figure it out. This was about 36 hours ago and no help from anyone at Airbnb to really resolve the issue.   So stressful!

John1101
Level 2
Kailua, HI

My listings have been unlisted and airbnb just keeps giving my the run around when i call. 

Me too. So my booking are greatly affected by this