My places have been damaged by Hurricane Irma

Ray43
Level 2
Caicos Islands, Turks and Caicos Islands

My places have been damaged by Hurricane Irma

Hi there,

Have three listings in Turks and Caicos.  They do very well usually.  They have all been damaged by hurricane Irma and I have guests scheduled to arrive as soon as this Tuesday.   I have contacted them to offer full refunds.   Is there any way for them to get the Airbnb fee back also?   Will I loose my Superhost status for cancelling these reservations.  I can't realistically host anyone for at least several weeks. 

Thanks for any advice on the best way to handle

2 Replies 2
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

I would think under the conditions of a 'natural disaster', many standard procedures change dramatically: i.e. as to cancelling and fees. I would not cancel them, let them cancel just to be on safe side. Perhaps seek advise from Airbnb. I am wondering if it is even possible for them to even get to those islands after Irma AND now with Jose also incoming. Btw, a shame this whole natural fiasco, and good luck.

Very sorry to hear about your places, if you would like to give your guests an alternative, I just am new and have listed a 2 bedroom 2 bath, and a 3 bedroom house, now ready for guests.  We too, were hit on our other properties. :(. Again so sorry, I also have an excellent name of a great guy on island to do repairs resonably and quickly