My reviews are no longer in chronological order.

Lucille-and-Alan0
Level 7
Toronto, Canada

My reviews are no longer in chronological order.

My reviews are no longer in chronological order. So now my listing is showing reviews form October at the top so a guest will likly conclude that we have not have a guest since then. Has this happened to anyone else?

58 Replies 58

Hey @Lucille-and-Alan0,

Yes, it has happened with all of us due to a change in the way how reviews are ordered based on some keywords and other factors. There's nothing currently that can be done about it 😞

Jeet

Jeet thanks for the info. Keywords???  Airbnb has removed the keyword seach (I'm not pleased about that).

Yes, but there hasn't been any clear communication about it from Airbnb. I mentioned about keywords based on some other discussions about the same topic where some host mentioned that these reviews are now appearing on the top based on some keywords in the reviews.

Jeet 🙂

Caterina12
Level 2
Santa Fe, NM

I am having the same issue and am not happy with this change. 

I agree with the other host who said that it gives the appearance that you have not had recent guests.

How can we voice a complaint about this to Airbnb?

Janet24
Level 2
Kelowna, Canada

I have also noticed my reviews have changed order recently.  It is not only confusing to me as I read the reviews but it will be confusing to potential guests who are reading our reviews. They will probably wonder what is up with Airbnb.  Please Airbnb, Is is not possible to fix this?

Angelina1
Level 2
Monteverde, Costa Rica

I  am a new host and very frustrated with the new review system.  I had worked really hard to learn the job, fix my space but it does not matter what I do, all I get is the reviews from December when I was starting, and had a not so good review.  That one is on top of the page and the first one of course people see.  Not a fair situation for new hosts.

I too would like to see the reviews in chronological order or have the ability to order the reviews on my own. We had a poor review from my first guest, but we learned from our mistake and improved our offering. Yet this guest's review is not at the bottom of the list where it naturally belongs.

Pat19
Level 2
Chicago, IL

I absolutely agree to the comments above.  I hope Airbnb is reading the comments/suggestions above and addressing them immediately. 

I suggest that Airbnb allow the viewers to sort reviews by date (newest to oldest), relevance or by rating.  As hosts, we learn and strive to be better hosts.  So, most recent reviews should be more relevant than reviews posted a year ago.

Justin132
Level 1
Las Vegas, NV

This happened to mine and i HATE it i have contacted them and nothing. It looks as though i have not had guests in months .. I wish we could change it. I have not got booking from the time i noticed it also 😞

Justin132
Level 1
Las Vegas, NV

we should all call them

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Justin132@Lucille-and-Alan0@Pat19@Angelina1@Janet24@Jeet0@Caterina12,

For those of you I haven't already met, lovely to meet you. My name is Lizzie and I am the Community Manager here.

It is good to hear your thoughts on the update to the review display. It has been quite a popular topic discussion here in the Community Center. With this in mind, I wanted to let you know I am gathering host feedback on this to pass over to the team. So please feel free to share this here. Also just to ask, is it that you would like more information on how it works and please do share any other particular thoughts you have on this.

Lastly, I am not sure if you have come across Host Voice, there is a idea suggestion by @Andrea9 there regarding this topic which you might like to take a look at. 

Thanks for your time.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

It's happening to us too here in Cape Town.

Please Airbnb... can you change it back to chronological order!

Regards

Allan

Orla7
Level 1
County Clare, Ireland

Hi, 

Its is happening to me also.  Surely the most recent Review should appear at the top.  The same 3 reviews have appeared on the top of my Review list for the last few weeks and it looks like I haven't had any guests since.

Its very unfair.  The guest has to figure out what the most recent review is...as surely that is the most important review!  If I was a guest I'd find that quite annoying.  

Airbnb please try to fix it.

Leonie29
Level 2
Bondi Beach, Australia

Hi There Lizzie,

Thanks for opening up commmunication with hosts regarding this issue.

As someone who works really  hard at my Airbnb property being the best possible shared experience I'm a proud and passionate Super Host (as well as a considate guest) who loves this community etc...

I wanted to add I'm also NOT happy with the change in order.

It don't feel it gives the impression of how busy you have been and the order in which guests stayed etc.

I find it frustating and confusing to follow even as a guest looking at other properties and honestly believe it best for all to go back to the chronological.

Happy to participate in the discussion and am relieved airbnb is taking feedback from hosts regarding this.

Warm Regards,

Leonie