My set price for weekends keeps changing on it's own...HELP

James46
Level 2
New York, NY

My set price for weekends keeps changing on it's own...HELP

I am a Host and have gone through and set a different price for every day, based on local events.  During the last two months, the set price for weekends only has changed to $200 per night for every weekend night.  I don't use community pricing, have a set price for every night and twice now it has reverted to the $200 per night.  No notice, no explanation.  It is very time consuming to keep going back and changing all the rate info,,Any ideas?

All appreciated,

Jay G

4 Replies 4
Diana103
Level 6
Oceanside, CA

Same thing happened to me twice.  They never figured out why but it was around December and was embarrassing to have to reject reservations for ridiculous summer pricing.  Just so you know it's not just you!

Colleen49
Level 1
Victoria, Australia

Same thing keeps happening to me! I've only just started hosting during the peak summer holiday period so I manually changed my prices on the calendar to reflect the high demand but only my weekend price keeps reverting back to my default lower price! It's very frustrating having to keep checking the calendar. I've had to accept bookings at the lower default weekend rate as I cannot go back to the guest and ask for more money. AirBnB, please fix this!!!

Sorry you are having the same problem we had.  I know it is horrible and a complete waste of time.  We contacted AirBNB and after a few times calls and being told "they are working on it"..it eventually stopped happening but we never were informed how or what was done to correct it.  Around the same time we also had an issue with the home not appearing as a search result when a potential guest searched your area. I would randomly check to see if it is appearing.  Luckily, once it was brought to AirBNB, they were able to resolve the issues.  As for accepting the lower pricing, we always engage any potential guest before we approve them and before you accept them you have the option of amending the pricing.  Good luck.

Millie24
Level 2
Wahroonga, AU

I am constantly putting in a rate for weekends depending on demand and Air BNB keeps reverting it back to the base price. This is taking up far too much time checking the weekend rates all the time. Why is this continually happening Air BNB?

Millie Sydney Australia