Mystery Cancellation in "Your Reservations" - No message or booking sent

Lyndsey2
Level 10
Stonington, CT

Mystery Cancellation in "Your Reservations" - No message or booking sent

Yesterday, I clicked on the "Your Reservations" tab and there appeared a reservation maked "canceled" from a user I had never heard of before. There is no record of any messages or inquiries from this user and I do not have instant booking. I never received any notices about it either. It's just there. I don't think it has caused me any harm, that I know of, but I am so wary of the consequences of cancelling as a host that it gives me a little rise in blood pressure every time I see it. 

Has anyone had a similar issue before? What is this?

mystery cancellation

4 Replies 4
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

It is an attempted booking timed out because they have not managed to complete the necessary verifications during the allocated time frame.  Or they may have simply given up.

Thanks But shouldn't I have seen a booking request or something?

No, it never goes as far as that.  They may not complete the request until verification is completed.  

Ashley59
Level 1
Frisco, TX

Hi Lyndsey, the same thing happened to me just a few days ago.

I received an inquiry from an individual, after I approved her stay for the requested dates, I noticed another canceled request in my "Reservations" area for those same dates. It was the first time I had seen that profile, no message ever came to me, and no further information was there! 

I have no answers for you, but I'm interested to see what causes this.