NEW - "Required trip information" questions

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

NEW - "Required trip information" questions

Today I discovered a new feature "Required trip information" questions. It is a good idea... but could be better. 

It looks like this:

1.jpg

To set up questions you have 3 default questions to choose from and just 1 custom question ;

2.jpg

So what if we have more questions ? When saved it will look crappy like this:

3.jpg

I think the whole idea is great, but ....

1. the default question "When do you THINK you will arrive? " is not good. I would expect answers like "Afternoon" . We are offsite hosts and we need the EXACT time of arrival bc we are waiting for our guests in front of the building, on the street.
  2. We need more text areas for custom questions so they can all appear in a bulletin list and not in line like now.

And I would like to know if guests have to answer all those questions or they can book without answering any of them?

What do you think?

46 Replies 46

The main problem here arises from the fact that Airbnb penalizes hosts who choose not to do IB. 

Best resolve is don't penalize hosts who choose not to do IB.

Flemming5
Level 1
Copenhagen, Denmark

I came here looking to find out, where on earth I could find the answers for my IB required questions - The feature description gave me the impression that guests would have to fill out an answer to each question in order to book, and that I could find and read the answers somewhere in the booking message. 

From what I understand of this discussion, it is more like a 'greeting' that they may or may not respond to in their own message. 

As such, the feature is useless.

I need to be able to ask 5-10 questions, of my own wording, and be able to force the guest to answer each question as a part of the check-in process: That is the premise of the IB Questions feature, as it is described on the website.